Canes vs Pitt - All the Marbles

Live betting has us favored by 8.

233FF016-67BF-4F1F-B517-A3C655D8725B.jpeg

Advertisement
I’m looking ahead here but there’s no way Wong is an NBA player. Does he comes back for one more year? I don’t care either way. Come back good we’d love to have you but if he leaves no big deal. Put in 4 solid years and made an elite 8 run and who knows this year.

Amazing Miami has the lead with Wong being awful today and Pack not hitting a 3 yet. L needs to figure it out with Wong. Anytime we had a chance to extend it that half, Wong ****ed us.
Part of this is also that Burton is a very good defender who knows all of Wong’s moves especially since Wong always comes back to his right hand.
Wong probably needs to accept that he has Pitt’s best defender on him which means 1-2 other guys have better matchups. When all 5 players can score 20 the decision making needs to be about the matchup and not who our “best” player is because all 5 guys can be that on any night.

Advertisement
Nice rebounds as well. He could be a true star next year and possibly even in the NC2A tourney this year if he throws down some crazy dunks.
Yeah i posted this earlier in the year. He’s one of those raw guys that’s improving fast and will play four years. He could end up being a star his last two years. He has all the tools. Size , athletic ability and work ethic.

Not shocked people would turn on Wong. Ask the other coaches in the ACC if they’d take him, there wouldn’t be a no in the bunch. You stick by a guy that has carried this program, a guy that has been loyal and been a solid guy both on and off the court.

Advertisement
Not shocked people would turn on Wong. Ask the other coaches in the ACC if they’d take him, there wouldn’t be a no in the bunch. You stick by a guy that has carried this program, a guy that has been loyal and been a solid guy both on and off the court.
Ok when he’s off he looks like a JV player. When he’s on he’s one of the best in the league. At this point of the season he can’t have these type of games especially as a 4th year player.

Right now Poplar and Beverley give us the best chance towin along with Omier.
But you can’t even think about taking Pack’s minutes because he can score in bunches.
Wong looks like he doesn’t have it tonight. He will never stop being aggressive so L needs to take some minutes away. Let Wong be aggressive as its the only way he knows how to play, but limit the minutes unless he gets cooking.

Don't think folks are turning on him. Just pointing out how porous he's been in this 1st half

Advertisement
Wong is trying to play himself out of his funk. I’m not saying he is wrong because that is what every good player will do, but its not working right now.
You always want your best players to stay aggressive, particularly when he's your leading scorer. I don't have an issue with the shots he's taking. He's just gotta get them in the basket. Hopefully, he finds his groove in the 2nd half.

We love Wong but he played a very poor half not just in shooting but with bad decision making until his last shot when he drew the foul.
He can easily turn it around ion the 2nd half considering how good he is. The question becomes what does he or Coach L change if Wong can’t get it going in the 2nd half.
I don’t think we can ask, nor do we want, Wong playing passive. But if he’s off Coach L has to consider giving some of his minutes to the other very good players.

starting the 2nd half with a 4 point lead and we are playing poorly

get it together for the 2nd half, play smart, move our feet on D, solid O, and we are ACC CHAMPS

LET‘S GO CANES

Advertisement
Very dramatic of you. Seems most posters just want him to quit forcing things and play within the offense

I’ve read Wong has a mid-to-late 2nd round NBA grade. He’s undersized for a SG and already 22 years old. Not sure staying another year and declaring at 23 years old is in his best interest, but neither is declaring and going undrafted to play in China. I hope he returns.

Advertisement
Back