Canes vs Middle Tennessee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Super Gay GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Advertisement
They were also 7-5...WRs 1 and 2 are no longer on the team. The OL still stinks.

idk if you know this or not, but Rhett Lashlee's offense was actually mid.
I didn’t say lashlee’s offense was great, I said functional. They were 7-5 primarily because the defense was abhorrent.

Gattis’ responsibilities don’t begin on game day, if he knew we were thin/weak at receiver he should have hit the portal hard… we were all screaming for it in the off-season. If he didn’t realize we were so bad at receiver then I question his evaluation skills.

The ol isn’t elite but I wouldn’t say it’s bad either. I actually think they’ve improved moderately from last year.

Gattis is the leader of the offense. When you’re a leader (coach, boss, teacher… etc) your job is to put your followers in the best position to succeed. He just simply isn’t doing that. It’s very noticeable that this offense is uncomfortable executing out there.

You really think any coach would fix years of this crap in ONE offseason? Even if Miami hired Urban Meyer, or found a way to recreate prime Jimmy Johnson, there's no way you can overcome years of awful habits and mediocre recruiting in that short of a time. Most of us came into the season knowing this team is flawed, hence why the last guy got canned. It may be worse than any of us actually thought.

This fanbase blows, it's shameful to think that me, an alum that makes 1-3 road games per year, despite living in Arizona will see more Canes football live than our local "Fans" that live within easy driving distance of Hard Rock. I get that the weather stinks, but that turnout is embarrassing. Guess we are hoping that Life Wallet checks are fat, because it's a tough sell on anything else.
I didn't expect a turn around over night but I sure as **** don't ever expect a Miami team, regardless of who the coach is, to lose to Middle Tennesse state.

Advertisement
Just like all you do is blame players and won’t put anything on a coach.
The scheme just isn’t as bad as y’all want to think it is. I’m also not saying the scheme is great. But I also am saying lashlees scheme wasn’t close to perfect either. Seriously we sucked **** running last year. Also we know for 100% certainty that we aren’t going to a full spread attack with Cristobal. Gattis offense is probably the closest we will get.

The fact is the plays have been there. Players have absolutely failed to execute. Starts with TVD.

Just find a way to win this game so I can at least have the delusion that things may get fixed

Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back