Canes vs Irish

If one of our starters gets hurt - we toast. That should end the debate on who qualifies as our most important player.
That would be an interesting "test" that none of us wanna see. But ... could present a chance for growth to someone like Poplar. In all games, he's averaging 7.6 ppg in around 21 minutes. (That has dropped to 4.5 ppg in about 18 minutes in ACC play.)

He might turn out to be a double figure scorer some nights if he added another 6-7 minutes of PT and got more aggressive (something other than jacking 3's). He's a good FT shooter and should/could get to the line more.

Then, there's Walker. I still hold out hope he can and will play better. He has size and athleticism for sure. If he needed to play more, maybe ....

Then, I think Joseph could easily score more if needed through an injury to our offensive mainstays. Right now, there's only so many shots to go around.

Advertisement
I think the most realistic way to beat UM, short of just an off night by 3-4 guys, is to have great length. This reduces Omier’s effectiveness on the offensive rebounds and can make it harder for our guys to shoot over. Maryland is the obvious example.
I think the X factor against what I just wrote is Casey Because he has the additional size that UM needs For those certain teams. If Casey can do 3 things effectively this year, UM has a chance to make a deep run: defend, rebound and dunk off set ups from the guards.

But back to our original point, Miller, Wong and Pack are fantastic decision makers and give them the ball at the free throw line, in space playing 3 on 3 against a zone and its a wrap because teams can’t defend all the options. All 3 players can shoot, drive and are good passers. Let’s see what happens against ‘Cuse.
I watched that UConn-Xavier game yesterday. Both of those teams have it all, to include a couple really rugged and skilled interior guys each (Sanogo, Karaban, Nunge, Freemantle to name a few). We'd have a lot of trouble with their offensive rebounding and second/third chance put-backs.

That would be an interesting "test" that none of us wanna see. But ... could present a chance for growth to someone like Poplar. In all games, he's averaging 7.6 ppg in around 21 minutes. (That has dropped to 4.5 ppg in about 18 minutes in ACC play.)

He might turn out to be a double figure scorer some nights if he added another 6-7 minutes of PT and got more aggressive (something other than jacking 3's). He's a good FT shooter and should/could get to the line more.

Then, there's Walker. I still hold out hope he can and will play better. He has size and athleticism for sure. If he needed to play more, maybe ....

Then, I think Joseph could easily score more if needed through an injury to our offensive mainstays. Right now, there's only so many shots to go around.
I like Beverly, Watson and Casey off the bench.

I watched that UConn-Xavier game yesterday. Both of those teams have it all, to include a couple really rugged and skilled interior guys each (Sanogo, Karaban, Nunge, Freemantle to name a few). We'd have a lot of trouble with their offensive rebounding and second/third chance put-backs.
I heard #6 Tennessee is loaded. 3 seven footers..ouch

Advertisement
5 teams have figured out the Cuse zone some of you are overthinking this almost seems silly since L will have a game plan to free up players one will be Miller.
Yeah they aren’t great this year but its an interesting way to test out our zone offense because Boeheim will stay in it no matter what.

Saw the same thing. Those 2 teams are very good.

1672594190208.gif
1672594098333.png

And this was respectful.. dude sneak dissed me for my opinion like I smashed his girl or something. I personally don’t like his game and I feel L’s done a phenomenal job putting him positions to succeed. But NBA wings are much different. I would love to see him get an nba check but I don’t even see how he would handle an nba freshman in cam whitmore. But to each his own like you said
There are plenty of NBA players who have similar physical traits and talent to Jordan. A guy like Khris Middleton comes to mind. As I stated in my previous post however, like Middleton, I think Jordan needs to add a consistent 3-pt shot to his game if he's going to have a chance at an NBA career.

Advertisement
There are plenty of NBA players who have similar physical traits and talent to Jordan. A guy like Khris Middleton comes to mind. As I stated in my previous post however, like Middleton, I think Jordan needs to add a consistent 3-pt shot to his game if he's going to have a chance at an NBA career.
I would be very surprised if Miller does not make money in the NBA. He may start off in the G Leaguse or be a 2 way player but Miller is a pro player. If his 3 point shooting numbers reach 38-40% he will play for a long time. Miller greatest trait maybe that he can score without plays being run for him. The player I always think of at that size and position who scored without plays is Cedric Ceballos when he was with the Suns.

I had college basketball offers so I’ll stick to what I know.. i chose to go track. My family is all football so I know it in and out but I never wanted to play college football. Don’t limit me to football if you have no idea of my background,I went quiet cause I went outside. I still hate his game. When he plays outside himself he’s ***. He’s a glue guy nothing else. Oh and kiss my ***. Y’all are clowns lol you and everybody who liked your petty post
🤡

We are 13-1 first and second the first half was pretty bad aside from Omier and Pack. So yea we all had a right to get a little emotional.
Let's see them pics of you at the game, since you had the right and all.

I would be very surprised if Miller does not make money in the NBA. He may start off in the G Leaguse or be a 2 way player but Miller is a pro player. If his 3 point shooting numbers reach 38-40% he will play for a long time. Miller greatest trait maybe that he can score without plays being run for him. The player I always think of at that size and position who scored without plays is Cedric Ceballos when he was with the Suns.
He's certainly gonna have a chance at the next level, whether it's in the NBA or overseas remains to be seen. Ceballos is a good comparison. With current players playing in the NBA I'd say Scottie Barnes and to a lesser extent even Jimmy Butler are also comparable. If people recall, coming into the league Butler didn't have a jump shot. It developed over the years, but coming out of Marquette he was a 3-4 guy known for his defense, who got most of his production offensively off the muscle. This notion that Miller's game can't translate to the pros is very premature to say the least. Again, time will tell and a lot of it will be dependent on his development.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back