Canes vs gator

Status
Not open for further replies.
As bad as it was, our guys played hard. They will be a much improved team when they face UNC. Not because it's UNC, but that we'll have 2 weeks to fix all the mistakes.

As disappointing as it was, we're going to be fine. That was our toughest opponent and we nearly won.

Think about this: The majority of this offense will be together for the next 3 years. We good!!!

There were a lot of things tonight that should have been corrected in the off-season. While I believe they can be fixed I. The next two weeks I don’t think it’ll be as easy as you are believing here

Advertisement
This game made me really excited.

Jarren played well.
Defensively/ST there were basically 5 really bad plays - long TD to Toney, deep pass after half, 4th down conversion fake punt, muffed punt.
Then offensively It was mainly the Oline and BS presnap penalties which happens when you have a frosh QB, LT, and RT.

I think this game shows that we are going to have a way better offense this year and our defense might not be quite as good as last year, but is still legit.

I'm really excited for the rest of the season. Obviously I feel like we blew it, especially at the end there, but if we fix these little mistakes, and I'm confident Diaz and Enos will, then I think we're going to be better than we have been in a decade...

Advertisement
I wonder if Mark Pope will be posting Gator emojis tonight? I don't care what anyone says, there is no way in **** our coaches can justify playing Martell that much. They were literally playing a man short every time they had his *** out there. Unbelievable. Just giving guys like luke ammunition. That type of **** is going to bite our *** in the south florida community

**** Luke and any idiot that thinks that. But really, **** Luke and his bull****.

I’m giving you likes, cause thats all you guys bba get *****. I’m 6’1 too....Haitian and please tell me where to meet you i will love to gibe you a hatian massage
I'll come to your kneck of the woods to make it easier for you playboy .. this the type of **** that gets me excited!

I will say this, the defense was underwhelming, I was expecting some head busting out there and laying wood, but it was the exact opposite everytime they hit someone the opponent was never drove back.

You gotta be kidding.

We held them to **** near nothing in the first half. Our 3rd down D was impeccable. Were it not for 3 fourth down plays in the first half, and a lapse after the first of those 4th downs, the d was ******* great.

Advertisement
As good as brevin is. He dropped a td pass in the EZ. But it would have been a **** of a play if he caught it

This O-line is terrifyingly bad. And not sure yet if Williams is just too green, or is Kyle Wright 2.0, but that UF team is not top 10. They will be 8-4 this season, 9-3 if they are very lucky. We showed a lot of weakness on offense for these coastal teams to capitalize on. Enos will have to work some magic for us to win the division.

Dumbest playcalls all 2nd half. We couldn't establish a consistent run game or pass block at all and you want to have your QB turn his back to the rush and create a slow developing play? Ok.....

Slants, screens, etc....that's what we needed more of.

Its what he knows. Like Dno with 3-4. At the end of the day, they will fall back on their belief in the system, even when it is clear it doesn't work

Advertisement
Apologies to you people I’ve insulted and the constant *****ing from me. Just the heat of the moment and I’m just disappointed because we should have won by 20 plus. Our d was solid just the tackling wasn’t as good as games past and the d line didn’t get as much pressure as I hoped.

Special teams was a joke , Hedley was our mvp there lol. Our o line is one of the worst I’ve ever seen but like I said this will be the best defense we face all year and we took them down to the wire and should have won. Williams has great potential but needs to get rid of it sooner, use his check downs and run if he has the chance. DJ was our mvp tonight on o. Very disappointed at Jeff idk what was wrong with him tonight. Aside from a couple catches he was brutal.

I think this is a 10-2 team maybe even 11-1. Enos needs to do a **** of a better job using his personal better and calling better plays especially in the red zone.

This entire board needs therapy or a rope. Big mistakes lost the game but we've got a ton of young guys, playing in a whole new world. Even with all that - there was a chance to win. Play this one over at years end and it's a different outcome. The players are gonna get more reps and the coaches will too. You can only work with what you have. I like what I see from #15, DJ, Jordan etc. Time to re-group and come out stronger.

Advertisement
BS, people were saying the offense would be better nobody said they were gonna come out and drop 30 points on UF, a team that is quite good. It's the first game with a new HC, new OC, new offensive scheme, 2 freshman tackles, and a RF qb, the offense did alright for playing against a very good defense. The question was can UMs tackles hold up and they couldn't, lucky these were the best DEs they will face till the Acc championship.

These tackles will make a lot of DEs some money this year. This won't be an easy fix and we need to chill on the ACC Championship game talk because if this is the OL and playcalling we see, we will probably have to used all 3 of QBs because no way Williams makes it all year under this type of pressure.

I thought we looked solid for week 1 with a new coach against a good team. Obviously would have liked to win but I’m not going to set my house on fire over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back