Canes Vs FSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a combination of bad coaching, injuries, and a lack of talent at certain spots.

You can’t overcome all 3 of those things. That’s why the team looks so bad.
I agree with you on all that. I think the bad coaching is the primary reason for the regression. I also agree that we lack talent in certain spots.

For example: We start out the game on defense. Defense looks good the first two plays. Gang tackling, look fast. We put FSU in 3rd and long, a clear passing situation. Flagg is still in the game and is asked to cover downfield. Why? It's been a mistake all season. Why not bring in another safety or linebacker that's faster/better in coverage. Flagg gets a PI and gives them first down. Couple plays later, touchdown.

I'm not saying we are winning this game if somebody else in in on that play, but maybe we aren't getting our asses kicked as bad. That first down due to penalty seemed to take all the fire out of the defense and changed the game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
When I am wrong, I am wrong.

And I was absolutely wrong about Gattis.

It's not entirely all his fault, but he leaves a lot to be desired. If you don't have the personnel to run your system and the execution isn't there, and you continue to try and do the same thing, you bare responsibility.

He’ll be our Zook if we’re lucky
I don’t see it the whole game plan needs to change from defense to offense we run plays on defense like we’re in the 80s we run plays on our fence like Mark Richt! Worse than Mark!

Advertisement
Probably not going to watch the rest of this abortion. Miami sucks but it's not like we didn't know that coming into this game. Just thought there was at least some pride in these dudes to lay it all out there but we all should have known better--plus there is Gattis' imaginative play calling still there giving teams problems.

After TAMU, I've encouraged you all to pick up a second team to watch to get you through more of these tough 20+ years. Some school you may have a connection to. Perhaps a school a close relative went to, or maybe you banged some big booty corn-fed college co-ed on spring break from the Big12. Whatever it is, do it. You can still enjoy the football season without giving you mental anguish. I'm an alum of NCSU so I'll jump in there and watch the Pack from time to time. At least they compete over there are Carter-Finley. Plus, they are not a rival in the traditional sense, so I feel less guilty.

1667698688652.png

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back