Canes vs Central Connecticut

Status
Not open for further replies.
This games sucks! It’s like playing Hialeah High in the 90s! Let’s see if all this transfers over to next week! Let’s GO CANES AND FLY THE BANNER!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
If I'm not mistaken, Shalala wanted to hire Barry Alvarez to replace Butch, but he decided to extend his contract with Wisconsin (he said there wasn't enough time to negotiate a contract) . Then she wanted to hire Alvarez as HC and Athletic Director (both, apparently) to replace Coker, but he decided that he didn't want to return to coaching.

Now this is not a defense of Shalala, but it is interesting that she is accused of not caring about football, yet when she took over Wisconsin she was committed to bringing back football there and fired the AD and HC in her 3rd year (1989) and by 1993 the Badgers were in the Rose Bowl. Alvarez said Shalala would give the program anything it asked for, and he even got her involved in recruiting.

So it is odd that she would care about football in one place and not the other. That doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

I think she cared a lot more about football than Frenk does, she demonstrated that at Madison. A key difference is Wisconsin was a good academic school already. UM was still suntan U and she was focused on improving academics more than athletics. So I suppose you can say she didn't have her priorities right (that athletics should be first) but I don't think it's fair to put her in the same category as Frenk, who I think is someone who would not care one bit if Miami did away with sports altogether.
I’m not one of the people on this site claiming Shalala did not care about the team. She just wasn’t GOOD at supporting the team. She was a cheerleader and not much more, whereas we don’t even see that from Frenk or Foote. Heck, I will give Donna props for how she handled the NCAA dragging its feet. But Shalala inherited Nationally prominent programs and now they are abysmal.

Advertisement
Garcia is juuuust a hair off on leading the WRs today but he might be taking that job out there. And **** brashard is gonna be a weapon out there we need to keep using as the season goes on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back