Canes v. BCU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Rosier still struggling with consistency. Too many missed passes. Was really hoping to see more of Shirreffs and maybe even Perry today. The short time Shirreffs was in there we looked pretty decent, with the second string line even. Just not enough to grade him on.

One thing I noticed that I really liked, I could actually hear Shirreffs barking out counts. He went out there an took command. Would really like to see more from him, because he has ability.

What I think we've all learned today is that we're not as good as we thought they were. Maybe our defense really is just all gimmicks. We're definitely getting bumped down the rankings. Mainly because the defense has been the most disappointing think so far after everyone hyping it up to be elite. 300+ yards and 17 First downs to BCC I wouldn't be surprised if we're not ranked next week after this performance because so far everything just seems like all hype. I'm actually concerned about the Ark State game now.. maybe I'm overacting and this is just game one jitters but 300 yards to B-C? Not good.

Cmon man. 1230 kick vs a subpar opponent. This game tells us only that they don't wanna play BCC anymore than we want them to.

Advertisement
Pitt tied 21-21 with less then 1 min in the 4th against Youngstown St

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rosier still struggling with consistency. Too many missed passes. Was really hoping to see more of Shirreffs and maybe even Perry today. The short time Shirreffs was in there we looked pretty decent, with the second string line even. Just not enough to grade him on.

One thing I noticed that I really liked, I could actually hear Shirreffs barking out counts. He went out there an took command. Would really like to see more from him, because he has ability.

Rosier played well. Missed a couple throws but pretty solid and his mobility is a godsend. Your love for Sherrifs obviously tells me everything I need to know

Defense was what struggled. Offense only didn't come away with points twice

Advertisement

Not happening around here. There's not much positive you can take from the defensive side of the ball today. Offense looked great for the most part but the defense was underwhelming at best.

How about no injuries?? We won by 30 in a glorified scrimmage with no injuries, I'll take that 10 times out of 10. The team will watch film and I'm sure the coaches will adjust the game plan for the coming weeks. Just vibe no reason for over reaction IMO

I suspect Richt will tear the D a new one and we will be pleased with what we see against Arky State.

I suspect Richt will tear them a new one, but I doubt that will fix the issue; if so, that should have already happened at the half - I hope that I am wrong. :noidea:

Anyone who is like "Relax" after giving up 350 yards to BCC, whose program is a step down from FAU/FIU, is delusional. Unacceptable performance by what is suppose to be the backbone of our team. You don't give up 350 yards in a tune up, PERIOD. ***** how the offense looked do you honestly think this defense can carry us in any game? because that is what most people are banking on with a new QB and this looked like a defense of a team that is going 7-5 or 6-6. Tighten up Manny.

Last edited:
Anyone who is like "Relax" after giving up 350 yards to BCC, whose program is a step down from FAU/FIU, is delusional. Unacceptable performance by what is suppose to be the backbone of our team. You don't give up 350 yards in a tune up, PERIOD. ***** how the offense looked do you honestly think this defense can carry us in any game? because that is what most people are banking on with a new QB and his looked like a team that is going 7-5 defense. Tighten up Manny.

So let's fly the banners instead? Or can we be fans of the team still?

Advertisement
In game #2 of last year, Clemson defeated Troy 30-24
Also last year in week 11, Alabama had a high powered offense when they faced off against the daunted Chattanooga defense...31 points scored (won 31-3)

BCU has players playing in front of their family and friends just like Miami does, this game is personal for them and a chance to look good against an elite team. Stop pretending the world is falling because we're not up 40-0 at half time.

Moar excuses.... this post screams of hometown cooking

Says the guy trying to vouch for Gus having a below average performance yesterday.

Lol u comparing a 10 win Troy team to Bethune dog come on mane

Calm the ***** the down. Look at the numbers. Great game by the Canes. Richt is not going to beat anyone 77-0. Malik, awesome day. Both backs over a buck, and a ton of guys got in there to play. When AR82 is out and our backs run for over 200, it is not going to be a blow out. I'm not saying there isn't room for improvement, but come on, it is the first game. We are fine.

Anyone who is like "Relax" after giving up 350 yards to BCC, whose program is a step down from FAU/FIU, is delusional. Unacceptable performance by what is suppose to be the backbone of our team. You don't give up 350 yards in a tune up, PERIOD. ***** how the offense looked do you honestly think this defense can carry us in any game? because that is what most people are banking on with a new QB and this looked like a defense of a team that is going 7-5 or 6-6. Tighten up Manny.

Maybe the D doesn't have to carry us.

Advertisement
What I think we've all learned today is that we're not as good as we thought they were. Maybe our defense really is just all gimmicks. We're definitely getting bumped down the rankings. Mainly because the defense has been the most disappointing think so far after everyone hyping it up to be elite. 300+ yards and 17 First downs to BCC I wouldn't be surprised if we're not ranked next week after this performance because so far everything just seems like all hype. I'm actually concerned about the Ark State game now.. maybe I'm overacting and this is just game one jitters but 300 yards to B-C? Not good.

Both mighty Clemson and Penn. St. had DOMINATING defensive performances today against relatively tougher M.A.C. teams.

You seem to really throw that word mighty around quite a bit. Nice schtick troll.

Soooo, our defensive performance vs. WVU, in a bowl game, was an enigma.
The game today, with most everyone back on D, vs BCU, is how we're to be judged.
Got it.
Man I got to tune some of you guys out for the next few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back