Canes up to #10 in the Baseball America poll

CTCANE

Junior
Still over 10 games to go before the selection for the tourney but as of now we are a LOCK to host a regional and deservedly so.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Boyd's has Miami at 10-0 to earn a top 8. Can they do it?

That would be what 27 out of the last 28 to end the season.

I think it's 29 out of 30, they're 19 out of 20 now so 10 more wins...

Pretty good argument for ending at Top 8 finishing the season like that. Let's hope the wins continue and team stays healthy. We can *****ing about the rankings if they ***** us later.

We're not playing any more giants until the ACC Tourney, but honestly we don't have any walk over games, either. Alabama State is a good team. And UNC and Duke and a midweek game. All winning teams. I think we have 10 games left, I don't really think its fair to ask the team to do better than 8-2. This is baseball, where sweeping is very hard.

It is highly unlikely we go 10-0 the rest of the way. I hope that no one is expecting it.

We will go 8-2 in the regular season, 2-1 in pool play of the ACC Tournament, then play Virginia for the title, which we will lose. Final record will be 42-17.

Advertisement
We will go 8-2 in the regular season, 2-1 in pool play of the ACC Tournament, then play Virginia for the title, which we will lose. Final record will be 42-17.

Disagree, they shoulda beaten UVA and think they will if it comes down to it.

It is highly unlikely we go 10-0 the rest of the way. I hope that no one is expecting it.

Expecting it? If we don't go 11-0 in the final 10 games Morris should be fired!

// kidding :p

I think everyone here realizes expecting 10-0 is unreasonable. Not impossible but unlikely for sure. I'd be thrilled with 8-2 and to be honest I wouldn't be upset with 7-3. 5 or 6 weeks ago I was more worried we'd be losing our post season streak and now we are sitting in decent position to host a regional and an outside chance of getting a national seed?

Tough not to be excited with that. Hope the team can keep it up because it's been fun to watch.

Advertisement
I think 8-2 in our final 10 regular season games and a title game appearance in the ACC tourney would be a strong argument for a top 8 seed. What other team(s) are playing to that level over the last 30 games of the season? The boys appear to be peaking at the right time.

If we had taken care of business against Bethune, Stetson and Maine we would be a consensus top 5 team. Maybe even number 2.

Advertisement
Disagree, they shoulda beaten UVA and think they will if it comes down to it.

Everyone has left the Virginia series thinking they should have won.Yet Virginia has won every series they have played. They pitch and play defense and manufacture a couple of runs and beat you 4-2. It's like when Greg Maddux was pitching. Guys went up there thinking it looked hittable, and left the box thinking it looked hittable, but no one could hit it.

If we had taken care of business against Bethune, Stetson and Maine we would be a consensus top 5 team. Maybe even number 2.
This. 1000x, this.

The rankings may fluctuate some, and some will rank teams based on what have you done for me lately, while others take into account the whole season...which includes those bad losses...that are still looked upon as bad losses, streak or no streak.

This. 1000x, this.

The rankings may fluctuate some, and some will rank teams based on what have you done for me lately, while others take into account the whole season...which includes those bad losses...that are still looked upon as bad losses, streak or no streak.

And that's the most frustrating thing about this season. Everyone knows that being a national seed is vital, and we have played the last 20 games like a national seed, but those **** losses to bad teams are holding us back.

Advertisement
Back