Canes showing interest in 4-star DB Ortiz

Advertisement
Advertisement
The way this dude was talked about on here you would have thought he was a top 5 recruit....... ends up at Minnesota...smh

Advertisement
Then why aren’t they cleaning up in recruiting if final ranking means so much?
What does that have to do with anything....that is a whole different topic than what we are talking about. U make it sound like if a recruit doesn't commit to the best schools in the nation hes not good. Minnesota as of right now is a better program than UM when it comes to football, and it's due to the coach they have.

@Stefan Adams any idea why Miami sat on their hands on this one? I'm sure they would have preferred to get him on campus to evaluate before offering but they need to make some exceptions when kids live on the other side of the country.

@Stefan Adams any idea why Miami sat on their hands on this one? I'm sure they would have preferred to get him on campus to evaluate before offering but they need to make some exceptions when kids live on the other side of the country.

Well if you consider him a corner:
Tim Burns
Knowles
Simpson
Dawson
Gonzales
Reilly
Cooper
Chesnut (maybe safety)
Edwards
Mcburrows
(and others)

And if you consider him a safety:
Kinchens
Miller
2-3 Louisiana kids
J.Williams (maybe LB)
Grimes (Ath)
(and others)

I like the kid, he can play...But so can most on that list. And UM was in contact. He wanted to make his decision early. I'm not sure not having this kid at the top of our list is the mortal sin many of you are making it out to be.

And no I'm not say we lead for everyone on that list, but we are going to land a few of them...So save yourselves the time with that donkey response, because that's not what I'm saying.

What does that have to do with anything....that is a whole different topic than what we are talking about. U make it sound like if a recruit doesn't commit to the best schools in the nation hes not good. Minnesota as of right now is a better program than UM when it comes to football, and it's due to the coach they have.

Off 1 season? I'm not sure I'd give them "Better Program" just yet...Even w the state UM is in right now.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He has received calls from Washington and Oregon head coaches right after he committed telling him to hold off till Aug/Sep when they should be able to have official visits and how he was a priority to their class. So not sure how he didn’t have committable offers from others. Kid fell in love with whatever PJ was selling

Advertisement
Back