Canes shoot to top of list for 4-star Tennison after offering

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
Miami has been keeping an eye on 2020 4-star ATH Ladarius Tennison for a while now and he impressed the coaching staff in person playing DB at Paradise Camp. After his performance, he was told an offer could be coming soon from safeties coach Ephraim Banda, and yesterday that finally came to fruition when the Canes extended a verbal scholarship to Tennison.

“I was told by my coach about the offer while I was practicing actually,” Tennison said of the UM offer. “I felt great about it.”

As one of the best athletes on his team, Tennison plays on both sides of the field for his Rockledge High squad. Tennison has played running back, linebacker, and defensive back as a junior this season for the Raiders and has shown off his versatility.

“I just like to play, so it doesn’t matter to me where,” Tennison said. “Miami offered me as a safety.”

With other offers coming in from South Carolina, Boston College, Kentucky, Ole Miss, and UNC, Tennison is starting to become highly pursued at the Power 5 level. However, back at Paradise, Tennison told CIS that Miami would be his top school if he got an offer from the Canes. So, with an offer now in hand, does he still feel that way? Tennison put it simply:

“Yes,” he said.

Why is his interest so high in the Canes and what makes him call UM his leader?

“When I went to the camp, I really saw the brotherhood there and how hard they work,” Tennison said. “That’s what caught my attention.”

Banda has been Tennison’s lead recruiter to Miami, but Tennison also texts with defensive coordinator Manny Diaz every now and again. He anticipates taking a Miami visit sooner rather than later, but has nothing set up as of now. The 5’9” 185 pounder also plans on visiting South Carolina in the near future.

While it’s still early in the process for Tennison and he has no set decision timetable, it’s clear that academics and the environment of the program will be major factors for him in the end.

“Well, first is when I decide the type of career I’m trying to pursue, I’m going to be serious about it, so [Miami] being a private school, that’s a big deal,” Tennison said. “And then just the family feel [of a school], that will be the biggest part.”

Advertisement
Advertisement
You’re telling me he’s still interested even though we didn’t offer him out of the womb ?

Advertisement
wtf does it matter seriously.

if we filled out the rest of our class with 5 star players, Richt would squander the talent regardless.

Advertisement
He isnt the biggest guy. 5-9 is being nice. He is jacked and isnt scared to hit. Get him on committ watch ASAP.

Advertisement
I dont care Im 5'9 too lmfao

You KNOW some get caught up in that number! Kid can hit and hit hard. If he had an INT, he would be hard to take down. No clue where the staff would actually put him. They are recruiting Caziah Holmes from the same area of FL. Both 2020 athletes. Both would be great Canes. They play against each other TONIGHT! Cocoa vs Rockledge is always a monster central FL game.

You KNOW some get caught up in that number! Kid can hit and hit hard. If he had an INT, he would be hard to take down. No clue where the staff would actually put him. They are recruiting Caziah Holmes from the same area of FL. Both 2020 athletes. Both would be great Canes. They play against each other TONIGHT! Cocoa vs Rockledge is always a monster central FL game.
I like them both on either side of the ball tbh

His nickname should be Ladarius "CTE" Tennison.

He murders dudes.

Advertisement
Back