Canes Ranked #9

hurcanes

Sophomore
I guess I am a bit surprised by who is ahead of us. Really though it is Miamis own fault losing at home to GT. If we win that game we are ranked probably #4. Anyways we have a #1 seed in the ACC and if we show up for that then who really cares about these rankings this week.

1Gonzaga (54)
2Duke (11)
3Indiana
4Louisville
5Georgetown
6Michigan
7Kansas
8Michigan State
9Miami (FL)
10Ohio State

Advertisement
You could make a case that we should be ahead of some of those teams, but in reality, we didn't drop too far, and we did lose at home to a horrible team.

No issue with that ranking. I love being disappointed Miami is only ranked 9th...in basketball!

There is still a lot of season left but if we win 1 game in the ACC tourney, I think we're a SHOE-IN for a #2 seed.

Remember we still are #5 SOS, #4 RPI.

My prediction:

If we win 0 Games in the ACC Tourney we're either the worst #2 seed or #3 Seed

If we win 1 Game in the ACC Tourney we're a #2 seed

If we win 2 Games in the ACC Tourney still likely at #2 seed unless crazy **** happens.

If we win the ACC Tourney, which would mean Duke lost (to someone), and we would be #1 seed.

Advertisement
There is still a lot of season left but if we win 1 game in the ACC tourney, I think we're a SHOE-IN for a #2 seed.

My prediction:

If we win 2 Games in the ACC Tourney still likely at #2 seed unless crazy **** happens.

If we win the ACC Tourney, which would mean Duke lost (to someone), and we would be #1 seed.

To get that #1 seed that someone duke lost to has to be us. I can't see us getting it without beating them

My prediction:

To get that #1 seed that someone duke lost to has to be us. I can't see us getting it without beating them

If duke lost its first game and we win convincingly (6 points and ^) against everyone we would jump them. The best part is everyone is back to doubting us. Saying Duke is the #1 seed overall they needed the best game of Kellys life and home court to beat us by 3. I actually like where they have us in the latest espn bracket. Gonzaga doesnt scare me being the #1 in our bracket.

Some projections/braketologies have us as a #3 right now. If we don't win a game in the ACCT we're easily a 3 and maybe sliding to a #4. Win 1 game and we're probably a 2, but might slide to a 3. Make the finals we're a 2 and win it and could be a 1, but also a 2.

Based on teams ahead of us, it is very unlikely we get a 1 seed, even if beat Duke. Gonzaga is already in the clubhouse, so only 3 #1 seeds to be had. So figure Big East (Louisville/Georgetown) ends up with a 1 seed, Big 10 (Indiana/Michigan/Michigan State) and Kansas if it wins Big 12.

Advertisement
Duke is going to get the #1 overall seed if they win the ACC, and assuming they don't crap out early, I imagine they are pretty much a lock for one regardless. If we beat them in the title game we might sneak in to the 4th. If I were a betting man I would say we are a solid 2 though.

If we beat Duke in tourney title game, Duke won't be a 1 seed over Miami. Possible neither will be a 1 seed and no way in **** the ACC has 2 No. 1 seeds.

You guys realize that UM basketball is ranked in the top 10 in the nation going into the ACC tournament? Embrace this **** people, the postseason is gonna be fun

Advertisement
Back