Canes QB Commit vs Lizards Commit

As the football savant fka Gator Hatar, I watched 24 hours of highlights of Canes commit Jucurri Brown and Jortsville commit Nicky Evers. In my professional opinion here it is:

Brown has a much stronger/powerful arm and athleticism. Touch needs work, but not as much as many reference. I saw some throws where he used touch and took something off throws as well. Which indicates to me he is cognizant that not all throws need velocity and therefore touch can be easily coached. His size, athleticism and arm strength are reminiscent of, you decide, Vince Young or Cam Newton. IMO he has a more natural throwing motion than either. Brown also will be better than Nicky in the RPO, extending plays and turning nothing into something (Improvisation). I give the edge to Jucurri Brown.

Nicky Evers shows better touch, but that is IMO because he eases his throws in. His throws lack velocity and require more anticipation. Many of his throws in high school would give a college DB time to make a play on the ball. He's more of a pocket passer, but he doesn't lack mobility. Arm strength is average and weaker on the move throws. LB can drop deeper into coverage because he's not a big threat in the RPO or improvising. Overall edge: Jucurri Brown

Advertisement
As the football savant fka Gator Hatar, I watched 24 hours of highlights of Canes commit Jucurri Brown and Jortsville commit Nicky Evers. In my professional opinion here it is:

Brown has a much stronger/powerful arm and athleticism. Touch needs work, but not as much as many reference. I saw some throws where he used touch and took something off throws as well. Which indicates to me he is cognizant that not all throws need velocity and therefore touch can be easily coached. His size, athleticism and arm strength are reminiscent of, you decide, Vince Young or Cam Newton. IMO he has a more natural throwing motion than either. Brown also will be better than Nicky in the RPO, extending plays and turning nothing into something (Improvisation). I give the edge to Jucurri Brown.

Nicky Evers shows better touch, but that is IMO because he eases his throws in. His throws lack velocity and require more anticipation. Many of his throws in high school would give a college DB time to make a play on the ball. He's more of a pocket passer, but he doesn't lack mobility. Arm strength is average and weaker on the move throws. LB can drop deeper into coverage because he's not a big threat in the RPO or improvising. Overall edge: Jucurri Brown
Super curious to see Jacurri's development in his Sr. year. Thought I saw somewhere that his team will be more passing focused this year than in years prior which can only help in his development as a passer.

Jacurri had a few throws in his highlight tape that were bona-fide "wow" throws, passes of 40-50 yards with accuracy and a receiver being well covered. He has mechanical flaws but everything is teachable and he can only improve with proper coaching.

There’s a reason Jacurri is rated the numero uno dual threat on ESPN. HS kids, especially 5 stars, should be rated that high based on projections as much as production. The kid is very raw but extremely talented. We’ve all seen it. The only puzzling thing to me is Bond choosing the turds over UM considering his relationship with Brown.

There’s a reason Jacurri is rated the numero uno dual threat on ESPN. HS kids, especially 5 stars, should be rated that high based on projections as much as production. The kid is very raw but extremely talented. We’ve all seen it. The only puzzling thing to me is Bond choosing the turds over UM considering his relationship with Brown.
His Mom get a turdville job offer?

Advertisement
Brown and Bond met for the first time in person this spring I believe. Don’t think the relationship was longstanding.

Bond's choice was all about the track program. Until UM devotes more resources to track, we are going to lose those battles to the Gaytors.

Advertisement
Super curious to see Jacurri's development in his Sr. year. Thought I saw somewhere that his team will be more passing focused this year than in years prior which can only help in his development as a passer.
Honestly it can only go up from where they've been. They're a power option offense with a lot of 1-read or 1-route pass concepts. Jacurri has already made great strides with his footwork within the pocket and that continues to be a point of emphasis for his development.

Where I think he's raw is in the mental aspect because he doesn't have the reps yet. He will need to learn half-field progression reads and basic coverage reads. But he has a lower bar to clear because of the basic coverages he will face thanks to his run threat.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Honestly it can only go up from where they've been. They're a power option offense with a lot of 1-read or 1-route pass concepts. Jacurri has already made great strides with his footwork within the pocket and that continues to be a point of emphasis for his development.

Where I think he's raw is in the mental aspect because he doesn't have the reps yet. He will need to learn half-field progression reads and basic coverage reads. But he has a lower bar to clear because of the basic coverages he will face thanks to his run threat.
Does a kid like Jacurri work with a QB coach outside of school? It seems like a lot of the top QB prospects have private coaches. I'm not sure how essential that is for a young HS QB to develop. It also might depend on the cost and weather the family can afford it.

He could run here, but at an elite power in T&F, consistent low 10.3 and down.
Yea, the top guys right now, Laird, Boling and the dude from Houston (can’t remember his name) are all hanging around 10 flat and under. **** Laird ran a 9.80 in the SEC 100 m final, but it wasn’t wind legal.

Advertisement
Back