Canes Player's Turnover Chain souvenir

gruntking

Make Lies Wrong Again
I think that the football program should have a smaller less costly replica of the turnover chain for the players to keep if they get a TO. Maybe 1/6 the size and 14K gold plated silver to keep the cost down, but nice looking. Those dudes would kill to get one (or more) of those mother-fvkers to take home… talk about motivation.
Get the fan base/sponsors to chip into a fund to make'em. Count me in!

Advertisement
Tbh the chain started losing its influence during the Pitt game. Defense forced turnovers but the team didn't get pumped up.

I think that the football program should have a smaller less costly replica of the turnover chain for the players to keep if they get a TO. Maybe 1/6 the size and 14K gold plated silver to keep the cost down, but nice looking. Those dudes would kill to get one (or more) of those mother-fvkers to take home… talk about motivation.

I’m assuming with NCAA rules, you would not be able to do that. Giving a player something of value to keep is probably an impermissible benefit. It would technically be the same if you gave a player $50 for every TO or big play.

Advertisement
Tbh the chain started losing its influence during the Pitt game. Defense forced turnovers but the team didn't get pumped up.

This.

I personally don't think we need to do the turnover chain next year because I don't think you can really start a traditional with it and it a bit to gimmicky. Plus the luster of it died down a bit and if we lose to Wisconsin then all the luster will be gone.

Just let the turnover chain season be remembered as the turn over point to Canes football.

Going forward no more gimmicks just straight domination.

I’m assuming with NCAA rules, you would not be able to do that. Giving a player something of value to keep is probably an impermissible benefit. It would technically be the same if you gave a player $50 for every TO or big play.

Maybe we can give each player $50 when they get a turnover but make them give it back like the chain.

Maybe give the mods a chain for murking bad repetitive threads like this one.........

Advertisement
We should get a contrevorsial rapper to hang around our team and hand these little chains out so they are not coming directly from the university. Maybe cash bonuses for big hits and knocking players out of the game. The NCAA would never see it coming.

This.

I personally don't think we need to do the turnover chain next year because I don't think you can really start a traditional with it and it a bit to gimmicky. Plus the luster of it died down a bit and if we lose to Wisconsin then all the luster will be gone.

Just let the turnover chain season be remembered as the turn over point to Canes football.

Going forward no more gimmicks just straight domination.

Celebrating turnovers UM style isn't a gimmick. It motivated the players to play at a high level. Its not a coincidence that we finished 2nd in the nation in turnover margin last year. The affect was real. You wanna give that up because we lost a few games and people laughed at us?

The turnover chain got in other teams heads last year.

I say we keep the turnover chain. If croots and players love it, AND it provides a little extra motivation for the team, why not? Everybody in America now fears the turnover chain!

Maybe we can give each player $50 when they get a turnover but make them give it back like the chain.

Call Uncle Luke.

Advertisement

I thought that NCAA rules would probably prevent this, as they prevent gifts to players. I then hope these replicas don't ever show up anywhere cause I don't want anybody getting hammered by the collegiate gestapo.

yet another thread with posters talking about retiring the chain before the year is even over. we have the dumbest ******* fan base.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back