Canes offer 2022 TE Trent McGaughey

Advertisement
Offers include Michigan, Baylor, Florida, USC, Oregon, Michigan State, Auburn, Arizona State, Oklahoma, and LSU.
McGaughey (6-3 224) caught nine passes for 192 yards and two touchdowns while helping lead his team to a 16-0 record and the Texas 5A D-I state championship as a sophomore. He's the No. 9 TE in the 2022 class.

Last edited:
Shadow Creek is one of the best schools in Texas, their QB is 2021 3-star Kyron Drones.

Trent's dad is the Special Teams coach for the NY Giants & has also coached at LSU for 3 years under Les Miles. He's coached for he Jets, Niners & Panthers as well.

This kid has really good hands & plays a lot like Brevin Jordan, he's not as physical, but has a similar build & upside.

I like the way he blocks down and then has the feel when to release to get wide open and get YAC. That shows that he has high football IQ, plus he looks to have nice athletic ability to go with his size. Add to it what LCE told us about his pops, kid is probably going to be a real nice tight end at the next level. I like this kid better then the kid we offered yesterday.

How did Field knew McGaughey had a big interest in Miami?

That information came from McGaughey’s father.

“My dad (New York Giants special teams coordinator Thomas McGaughey) had texted him about that the day before,” McGaughey said.

Once UM found out McGaughey’s interest level it didn’t take long for the Canes to offer, and McGaughey says his father’s recruiting advice is “just take it slow, don’t do anything off emotions.” So far he has visited Oklahoma, LSU, Texas, Houston and Texas A&M, and he was planning on going to Florida, Oregon and Arizona State this spring before the coronavirus outbreak shook things up. He says “I’ll most definitely visit Miami when it clears up.”

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back