Canes offer 2022 DT Nick James

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
Dominick "Nick" James is a 4-star recruit that comes to IMG Academy (FL) by way of Prattville (AL). He recorded 48 tackles, 10 TFL, and 3 sacks for Prattville as a sophomore in 2019 before transferring to IMG over the offseason. At 6-2 270 pounds, other offers include Auburn, Texas A&M, Tennessee, Mississippi State, and WVU.

Advertisement
He's Nick James....*****!

giphy.gif

Go Canes

Advertisement
Bradenton (FL) IMG Academy Class of 2022 DT Nick James picked up a Miami Hurricanes scholarship offer March 27. That was his eighth offer, with others on the list including Auburn, Tennessee, Mississippi State, West Virginia and Indiana.

“I spoke with coach (Jonathan) Patke,” James said. “We were just talking about everything that’s going on right now. He offered at the end of the conversation - I was pretty excited.”

It was his first time talking with Cane coaches.

“I don’t know that much about Miami but I’ll be considering them,” he says.

James says he has no early frontrunners - “I’m just keeping things wide open right now,” he said.

James says he’s currently staying home with his father and brother (he’s from Alabama) and lifting weights to stay in shape in the midst of the virus outbreak.

“This whole thing messed me up because I’m coming back from an ankle injury and I was using spring ball to get my name out there,” said James, who missed the final game last season with the injury.

Advertisement
Back