Canes offer 2021 OLB/Edge Thomas Davis

I don’t really like the Trent Harris comp either honestly. I think this kid is much more sudden and explosive than Harris was. Harris was a technician, phenomenal hands and leverage but was an average to slightly above average athlete IMO. Davis’ 1st step, twitch, and closing speed separates him from the Harris realm. JMO.

I’m not sure who I compare him to though, but the kid is tailor made for this defense and I expect him to garner more big attention after he blows it up again his Senior season so glad we are on him now.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Thanks Coach, He has 14 D-1 offers right now, The top ones so far are Miami, South Carolina, Mississippi State, Indiana and Arkansas. He got more power 5 Coaches talking too him gone offer him. I was telling some one who posted in the board last night saying Lowndes dont play top competition. Lowndes and Tifton plays top competition and both are great schools too play for.
People are ignorant if they don't think Lowndes can ball. I played at Grayson, who now pumps out constant top 100 kids every cycle. Lowndes pushed our **** in. They've been consistently good for years now. Didn't they also beat up on northwestern too?

The region that Lowndes plays in has historically but one of the hardest regions in the entire country. It has changed a bit over the last 10 years, and Valdosta is no longer in the higher school, but it is still big boy football. All the teams in that region are coached by highly compensated coaches, and all of those teams have great facilities. Let's put it this way, schools in that region have radio stations bid over who to cover the game instead of the school paying the station.

My question for @Troy0518 is what does he think of Valdosta hiring Rush Propst and is he pulling any players from Lowndes?
I like that they got rush. He bringing in some players. But we gone skin them Cats this year. We got a great new Coach at lowndes Coach Dubose out of Alabama and he got college coaches calling him every day. We ain't got no players going too valdosta. They hate each other lol

Advertisement
I don’t really like the Trent Harris comp either honestly. I think this kid is much more sudden and explosive than Harris was. Harris was a technician, phenomenal hands and leverage but was an average to slightly above average athlete IMO. Davis’ 1st step, twitch, and closing speed separates him from the Harris realm. JMO.

I’m not sure who I compare him too though, but the kid is tailor made for this defense and I expect him to garner more big attention after he blows it up again his Senior season so glad we are on him now.
That is what college coaches are saying about him. You hit it dead on the nail. Alot of college coaches want too play him at linebacker

People are ignorant if they don't think Lowndes can ball. I played at Grayson, who now pumps out constant top 100 kids every cycle. Lowndes pushed our **** in. They've been consistently good for years now. Didn't they also beat up on northwestern too?
Yeah beat Northwestern like it wasn't nothing last year. And that Grayson game we beat them but it was a **** of a game. Two beast going at it

I’m not sure who I compare him to though, but the kid is tailor made for this defense and I expect him to garner more big attention after he blows it up again his Senior season so glad we are on him now.

I’d compare him to AQM who would have dominated at Miama if he hadn’t gotten himself in trouble. Davis’ first step may be marginally slower (still Garvin level). But he picks up speed even faster and is less stiff. Kid has some serious NFL qualities.

Advertisement

More of a pro comp but Cam Wake, maybe even more fluid than Wake too. Davis moves so gracefully.

I’d compare him to AQM who would have dominated at Miama if he hadn’t gotten himself in trouble. Davis’ first step may be marginally slower (still Garvin level). But he picks up speed even faster and is less stiff. Kid has some serious NFL qualities.

AQM could move but was very stiff

Advertisement
Advertisement
Thomas Davis was interviewed yesterday wearing a Miami Cane Hat. At the end of the day it's gone be all good canes fans. What hat does he have on.
Screenshot_20200621-000439_Gallery.jpg

Advertisement
Back