Canes New GPS Technology at Spring Practice

Advertisement
This technology is all fine and dandy but unless you have a performance staff that knows what to do with the data and a sport coaching staff who listens and makes suggestions based on the condition/ workload of the players, it's all show. I'm not a Swasey hater, by any means, but he doesn't have the background that makes me believe he can take this data and make adjustments with it.

When you take modern monitoring systems like this and put them in the hands of someone who has "old school" mentality, who likes to push and push and push without ever backing off, it's worthless. These monitoring systems can give you date about who's getting faster and yada, yada, yada but the real value is knowing when you can push guys and when you may need to back off of them.

Some more BS technology that has nothing to do with coaching and recruiting! Put a damned Local Recruit Close tracking device on Golden and lets see how miserable those numbers are.

Aw, shoot, it's just a tracking device. And here I thought they were going to preset coordinates so our defensive players would know where to go during plays.

/that's sarcasm for those who missed it

They already know where to go, backwards.

/sarcasm

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back