Canes Move Into 2nd Place For OT Walker

Advertisement
I live in Columbia. It sucks... Lol.
No but seriously, it's alright relative to other areas of SC. I chose to go to school here over Clemson because I wanted a city vibe where there were actual movie theaters, restaurants, other things to do, etc. For college it was pretty cool and there's definitely worse places. I can see it making sense if he really wanted to get away from Miami/Florida and wants some weird mix of southern, college town, and city.

To me there should be two choices when it comes picking city vs college town:
1) Full city experience like Miami or UCLA
2) Legit small college town with pretty campus and chill environment like Clemson/Auburn.

Columbia is a weird mix of both and it does neither particularly well. If it wasn't for a nice job here and my girl going to the med school here, I'd be gone yesterday.

Yea, I mean I didn’t think it was terrible. Really didn’t have s huge college vibe, tbh. Honestly, I’ve been to much worse places. It’s just that if I’m in SCar, I’d rather be in the Charleston area, for several reasons including the food.

Advertisement
Probly an above ground Pool, Swings and a Slip & Slide. South Carolina is the fun state.

Been there twice with both my kids. Their version of Miami's Wellness Center and pool is really pretty nice. They are connected. Looks like a resort - sand volleyball courts, etc around it.

Very city feeling campus- pretty spread out. Nice little town right on outskirts of campus. BIG frat/sorority life. Totally different level of academics than Miami

Advertisement
2nd place for now is good news considering he's visited UF and FSU recently. What's the deal with South Carolina? What lineman have they developed? How many losses will they have this year? The sooner he drops a "Respect My Decision" tweet, the better.
The longer he’s committed to SC, the better. Hopefully it’s a last minute flip to us. He can’t flip with too much time left to flip again.

Advertisement
Advertisement
2nd place huh?

People have asked me what my goal was at that point, what was my endgame. Back then I would have laughed at that question.
I was raised to be a champion, my goal was to win. At what and against whom? Those were just details.

There was a track star from Pasadena in the 1930s named Matthew Robinson. Matthew Robinson shattered the Olympic record in the two-hundred at the Berlin Games in 1936. Absolutely shattered the Olympic record...and came in second. The man who came in first was Jesse Owens. Owens went on to be a legend. Matthew Robinson went on to be a janitor at a whites-only school in Pasadena. The difference was two-hundreths of a second. As if that wasn’t enough, Matthew Robinson had a little brother who was also an athlete. His name was Jack but everyone called him Jackie. (Molly’s Game)

I live in Columbia. It sucks... Lol.
No but seriously, it's alright relative to other areas of SC. I chose to go to school here over Clemson because I wanted a city vibe where there were actual movie theaters, restaurants, other things to do, etc. For college it was pretty cool and there's definitely worse places. I can see it making sense if he really wanted to get away from Miami/Florida and wants some weird mix of southern, college town, and city.

To me there should be two choices when it comes picking city vs college town:
1) Full city experience like Miami or UCLA
2) Legit small college town with pretty campus and chill environment like Clemson/Auburn.

Columbia is a weird mix of both and it does neither particularly well. If it wasn't for a nice job here and my girl going to the med school here, I'd be gone yesterday.
Got my MBA there a few years ago, I agree with everything you said. I liked it but didn't love it. I miss Cook Out and trips to Charleston however.

Advertisement
Back