Canes media in the age of NIL

305_separatist

Threskiornithidae
Premium
Needs a big boost in the age of NIL, where one of the biggest destination variables for recruits are exposure and the marketing contracts that can sustainably demand. The University should be investing in its own top tier content year round. Funny enough, Golden was way ahead of the curve here with raising canes and other content.

Take that up a notch in terms of planning and production quality, and feature a few players every “episode” or clip. They get exposure, and the program gets consistent year round exposure beyond a handful of games a year. I know UM has a film program so you can do a collab there for additional value.

Throw in a Rock Ballers style cameo.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Needs a big boost in the age of NIL, where one of the biggest destination variables for recruits are exposure and the marketing contracts that can sustainably demand. The University should be investing in its own top tier content year round. Funny enough, Golden was way ahead of the curve here with raising canes and other content.

Take that up a notch in terms of planning and production quality, and feature a few players every “episode” or clip. They get exposure, and the program gets consistent year round exposure beyond a handful of games a year. I know UM has a film program so you can do a collab there for additional value.

Go Canes
Are they still shooting ballers? They should just hire some of the kids to be in the ****. Do like a football camp scene with all the players in it. Talk about generating some crazy buzz. Bet USC bout to have all their players doin cameos in Hollywood productions.

Agreed. Most teams have a Vlog mini series that are like 15-20 minutes per episode and maybe upload like every few weeks. I know FSU and Clemson does this and it's pretty cool. Kind of corny but stuff fans would eat up.

Truly no disrespect meant for anyone involved in Canes media but it’s as **** poor as it gets in basketball and football…. Then throw in Zagacki and Don Bailey 🤮

Hats off to Canes Baseball though: guys like Jayro as the voice of mark light and Whicho as our play by play are WORLD CLASS

Last edited:
Advertisement
Agreed. Most teams have a Vlog mini series that are like 15-20 minutes per episode and maybe upload like every few weeks. I know FSU and Clemson does this and it's pretty cool. Kind of corny but stuff fans would eat up.
This but much higher tier. Aim for true docuseries quality, use the F1 series on Netflix as inspiration. You can follow the exact same blueprint to success in the content recipe, which has launched F1 popularity and revenue into the stratosphere.

You have two areas of competition and subsequent drama. Team vs other teams, leading up to game days. Can cut those episodes with highlights from the games themselves after the fact. And inter position group competition and drama. Who can get to starter and 2nd string and keep them as guys leave the team, get added to the mix, etc.

Do it really well before anyone else does storyline and production wise, beyond simple vlog stuff, and the audience will be much bigger than the hardcore fan base and that’ll multiply our exposure and NIL advantages.

The enemy has been driven from the city walls and exiled from our lands.
Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Advertisement

Go Canes
I'd recommend putting some seasoned vets in charge like Manny Navarro and Susan

Just win....The top tier teams dont do anything like FSU's "the climb" or Goldens "raising canes". I liked the access but id rather see W's than 10 min weekly videos

i think these two recent graduated probably missed out on the best of the nil era.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220517-153645_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20220517-153645_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    438.3 KB · Views: 28
Advertisement
Just win....The top tier teams dont do anything like FSU's "the climb" or Goldens "raising canes". I liked the access but id rather see W's than 10 min weekly videos
It’s not either or, and trying to settle for what Bama has achieved is uninspiring. We need to top it by making the Canes not just a winning machine but a media force that Bama could never be.

we had that before them with golden.

Think we need to do it again honestly. It would be great and keeps content exposure for kids

Advertisement
Drive to Survive changed F1 forever, and Last Chance U changed those JUCOs forever. IMO we aren’t far off from teams doing their own version of that for every season. And I’m not talking about vlogs or film students, I mean hiring professional film crews.
This is exactly right. There’s a clear trend and successful formula. We need to be the first major in a big city market to do this extremely well. Bring on a couple pros to run it and use student film majors to do a lot of the grunt work for great experience. We could have a great first of its kind product cost effectively.

**** even the off season could be amazing content wise with our crazy strength coach taking a prominent role and pushing these guys to break PRs and grind at 6am in the morning. Motivational content is it’s own big mainstream genre that we can break into, we’ll outside of football only audiences.

This is exactly right. There’s a clear trend and successful formula. We need to be the first major in a big city market to do this extremely well. Bring on a couple pros to run it and use student film majors to do a lot of the grunt work for great experience. We could have a great first of its kind product cost effectively.

**** even the off season could be amazing content wise with our crazy strength coach taking a prominent role and pushing these guys to break PRs and grind at 6am in the morning. Motivational content is it’s own big mainstream genre that we can break into, we’ll outside of football only audiences.
Hard knocks college edition. Would be great tv and have a massive audience.

Advertisement
Back