Canes look to pull TE Ennis from Noles' territory

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
While Miami already has one tight end committed in the 2020 class with Naples 4-star Dominic Mammarelli, new Miami TE coach Stephen Field is still hard at work trying to land a second tight end in Category20. That search led him to Lincoln (FL) 3-star TE Sage Ennis, and Field extended an offer to the young talent earlier this week.

“He was just telling me that Miami is ‘TEU’,” Ennis said of Field. “He said he’s excited about me and he wants to get me down to camp to work with me. It was awesome. Never thought I would get an offer from The U but I did and it’s pretty cool.”

The Canes have a known tradition at the tight end position, and there’s something about UM that makes tight ends thrive. This is something Ennis recognizes and is one of the reasons he’s so high on Miami.

“A lot of good TE's have come through Miami and they use their tight ends a lot,” Ennis said. “I want to go somewhere I’ll be used and they seem like they’re headed in the right direction. I’m definitely interested in Miami.”

In describing his game, Ennis sees himself as a complete tight end that causes matchup problems for the defense.

“Well, I’m a pretty special type of player because I’m big enough to bully corners if they guard me and I’m fast enough to run with them,” Ennis said. “I can run by LB’s and safeties and be physical with them. Plus, I can get down in the box and mash with the big boys.”

As a Tallahassee native, the 6-4 220 pound prospect grew up an FSU fan and is currently being pursued by Willie Taggart’s staff. Despite living down the street from Doak Campbell Stadium, he insists he is keeping things open right now.

“I watched them since I was a kid,” Ennis said of the Seminoles. “It was cool to get an offer from my childhood dream school. However, The U is a great offer also. I have no leaders right now.”

In addition to the Hurricanes and Seminoles, two other ACC programs are in hot pursuit of Ennis as well. Ennis has no upcoming visits set up, but does plan to get on some campuses soon ahead of a summer decision.

“NC State, FSU, Miami, and Clemson are talking to me a lot now,” Ennis said. “I have a top 5, but at this time I would like to keep that between my family and I. I would like to make a decision in the middle of summer sometime. I just want that school to feel like home.”

In his third high school season, Ennis recorded 39 catches for 620 receiving yards and 5 receiving touchdowns for a 7-5 Lincoln team that fell to Edgewater in the playoffs.

“Junior season went really good,” Ennis said. “As a team we did good. We made it to the 2nd round but got booted to a team that we should’ve beat.”

Advertisement
Advertisement
Rickards has a nice little something they're trying to start up so they're retaining a lot of kids that Lincoln would've poached in the past. I think they made the playoffs the past couple of seasons and if I'm not mistaken the HC is from Dade...
Old Miramar offensive coach back when Geno smith and them was playing

In the late 90 and early 00s Lincoln was a monster.

Advertisement
Old Miramar offensive coach back when Geno smith and them was playing
You talking about Rickards? Because T.Y. was at Lincoln for a while(he left Miramar before Malc & Bruh Man graduated)but he left at least five years ago. T.Y. is from the hood. He graduated before I got to American so I couldn't play with him but I did suit up with a few of his cousins and I know **** near his whole family. Last I heard he did go back up there so maybe he is at Rickards. I could be wrong, but I doubt he went back to Lincoln...

You talking about Rickards? Because T.Y. was at Lincoln for a while(he left Miramar before Malc & Bruh Man graduated)but he left at least five years ago. T.Y. is from the hood. He graduated before I got to American so I couldn't play with him but I did suit up with a few of his cousins and I know **** near his whole family. Last I heard he did go back up there so maybe he is at Rickards. I could be wrong, but I doubt he went back to Lincoln...
Yeah ty, **** I thought He was Rickards.

While Miami already has one tight end committed in the 2020 class with Naples 4-star Dominic Mammarelli, new Miami TE coach Stephen Field is still hard at work trying to land a second tight end in Category20. That search led him to Lincoln (FL) 3-star TE Sage Ennis, and Field extended an offer to the young talent earlier this week.

“He was just telling me that Miami is ‘TEU’,” Ennis said of Field. “He said he’s excited about me and he wants to get me down to camp to work with me. It was awesome. Never thought I would get an offer from The U but I did and it’s pretty cool.”

The Canes have a known tradition at the tight end position, and there’s something about UM that makes tight ends thrive. This is something Ennis recognizes and is one of the reasons he’s so high on Miami.

“A lot of good TE's have come through Miami and they use their tight ends a lot,” Ennis said. “I want to go somewhere I’ll be used and they seem like they’re headed in the right direction. I’m definitely interested in Miami.”

In describing his game, Ennis sees himself as a complete tight end that causes matchup problems for the defense.

“Well, I’m a pretty special type of player because I’m big enough to bully corners if they guard me and I’m fast enough to run with them,” Ennis said. “I can run by LB’s and safeties and be physical with them. Plus, I can get down in the box and mash with the big boys.”

As a Tallahassee native, the 6-4 220 pound prospect grew up an FSU fan and is currently being pursued by Willie Taggart’s staff. Despite living down the street from Doak Campbell Stadium, he insists he is keeping things open right now.

“I watched them since I was a kid,” Ennis said of the Seminoles. “It was cool to get an offer from my childhood dream school. However, The U is a great offer also. I have no leaders right now.”

In addition to the Hurricanes and Seminoles, two other ACC programs are in hot pursuit of Ennis as well. Ennis has no upcoming visits set up, but does plan to get on some campuses soon ahead of a summer decision.

“NC State, FSU, Miami, and Clemson are talking to me a lot now,” Ennis said. “I have a top 5, but at this time I would like to keep that between my family and I. I would like to make a decision in the middle of summer sometime. I just want that school to feel like home.”

In his third high school season, Ennis recorded 39 catches for 620 receiving yards and 5 receiving touchdowns for a 7-5 Lincoln team that fell to Edgewater in the playoffs.

“Junior season went really good,” Ennis said. “As a team we did good. We made it to the 2nd round but got booted to a team that we should’ve beat.”

Thanks again for an excellent article Stefan! Let's see how this turns out.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back