Canes Legacy Show- Live @ 9pm with Manny Navarro Discussing the Willie Williams Recruiting Saga

View as article
In 1996, playing for Frostproof High, Travis Henry rushed for 4087 yards and 34 TD's , averaging 11.3 yards per carry. In the 3A state title game in Daytona Beach, Henry rushed for a state title game record 328 yards. That effort enabled him to break a 43 year-old national record for the most rushing yards in a season. Unfortunately, it was not enough, and Frostproof lost the title game to two-time defending state champion Union County.

That season, he shattered the state single-season rushing record of 2,969 yards set by University Christian's Willie McClendon in 1987. He rushed for 14 straight 200-yard games and finished with 19 in all. Henry finished his hs career with 7,221 rushing yards and 79 touchdowns. "

I lived in Lakeland when Henry ran for all those yards.

Dude actually had a game where He ran for like 350 yards & 5 TDs and Frostproof still lost.

But without knocking Henry, the only thing I question is the level of competition He was playing against.

Advertisement
I lived in Lakeland when Henry ran for all those yards.

Dude actually had a game where He ran for like 350 yards & 5 TDs and Frostproof still lost.

But without knocking Henry, the only thing I question is the level of competition He was playing against.
State title game. They lost 67-30 to Union County. UC set the state record for consecutive wins and won 4 straight state titles.

Randy Shannon was the worst, this guy failed at every here as a HC.. I don't know one player we can say, was coaches and produced to their full potential under RS...

Advertisement
Back