Canes Leaving for Gainesville Thursday Morning

Stony157

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
Canes are traveling by bus to Gainesville leaving from Mark Light at 11:45 am tomorrow (Thursday). It'd be great to have some of us there to see them off and wish them good luck.

Better to go by bus since it would take so much time to load and unload all their equipment at each change of transportation by flying.

Advertisement
Gators just lost to Jacksonville 10-8. Their pitching is shakey. They gave up 8 hits, 12 walks, and 2 hit batters. I'm not impressed with their closer either. A former starter. Throws 93 with a lot of off speed. Jacksonville hit him hard, but 2 spectacular outfield plays kept Jacksonville from scoring at least 2 runs in the 9th.

It should be an interesting series if our bats show up. It's a tossup as to who has the pitching advantage as both staffs have a lot to prove. A great opportunity to move up in the rankings as I think the Gators are a bit overrated, so the games are winnable.

Gators just lost to Jacksonville 10-8. Their pitching is shakey. They gave up 8 hits, 12 walks, and 2 hit batters. I'm not impressed with their closer either. A former starter. Throws 93 with a lot of off speed. Jacksonville hit him hard, but 2 spectacular outfield plays kept Jacksonville from scoring at least 2 runs in the 9th.

It should be an interesting series if our bats show up. It's a tossup as to who has the pitching advantage as both staffs have a lot to prove.
Wow. 2nd midweek game in a row they lost (last week they lost to a 3-6 USF team)

Wow. 2nd midweek game in a row they lost (last week they lost to a 3-6 USF team)
USF should have beat FSU as well. They lost to FSU in a dramatic collapse in the 13th. Up 1 with 2 outs and 2 baserunners, FSU hit a blooper to center where the USF shortstop dropped the ball to end the game. It was a tough play, but the shortstop didn't judge it correctly. The ball still hit him in the glove and he dropped it.

FSU won 7-6, but should have lost.

Last edited:
USF should have beat FSU as well. They lost to FSU in a dramatic collapse in the 13th. Up 1 with 2 outs and 2 baserunners, FSU hit a blooper to center where the USF shortstop dropped the ball to end the game. It was a tough play, but the shortstop didn't judge it correctly. The ball still hit him in the glove and he dropped it.

FSU won 7-6, but should have lossed.
I know - i listed to the last couple innings in the radio stream. Unreal collapse. USF had nobody left in the bullpen. Still cannot believe 2 runs scored on the Texas leager tho.

Advertisement
UF weekend rotation is on a different level than their midweek pitching and on a different stratosphere than our weekend rotation. We have the bats to get hot but Sprout and Waldrep on Friday/Saturday is about as good as we will see all year.

Advertisement
It’s certainly sink or swim time. Georgia Tech (Apr 21-23) is our only weekend opponent between now and the end of April that isn’t currently ranked higher than us by D1Baseball. We also have three more midweek games against FAU and one against UCF in that period.

Advertisement

FSU won 7-6, but should have lost.
I watched final innings as well - how did FSU take 2/3 from TCU at TCU?

I watched final innings as well - how did FSU take 2/3 from TCU at TCU?
IDK. I think they pitched well. I was watching them against FGCU today and the announcer commented on how well the starter pitched against TCU as he got bombed by FGCU.

OP if we win tomorrow I'll meet you at the Light to welcome the team back.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back