Canes in the Pros: Brian van Belle vs Evan McKendry

Pitcher in the Rye

3) Man's Law 2) God's Law 1) Mr. Murphy's Law
Interesting article about two Canes pitchers that didn't suck.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think a few pitchers did (BVB) comes to mind but position player wise I agree
Some of it was the loss of Collins et at but Chester’s last year here was pretty underwhelming compared to his sophomore year.

Some of it was the loss of Collins et at but Chester’s last year here was pretty underwhelming compared to his sophomore year.
I just remember him looking like he didn’t belong when first go to to Miami, compared to where he is now. Major growth.

Advertisement
I always thought David Thompson and Willie Abreu would have moved through the minors quicker. They may still make it one day, but they are running out of time. Neither have hit much for average in their MiLB careers.

I always thought David Thompson and Willie Abreu would have moved through the minors quicker. They may still make it one day, but they are running out of time. Neither have hit much for average in their MiLB careers.
Thompson yes, I never thought Abreu was a MLB hitter. He was one of the hardest swingers in Canes history but he came up empty way too much.

There’s nowhere for DT to play. Alonso has his spot locked down for as long as he wants it.

Last edited:
Thompson yes, I never thought Abreu was a MLB hitter. He was one of the hardest swingers in Canes history but he came up empty way too much.
Abreu was extremely mediocre. He used to **** me off with how far off plate he would stand made no sense

Advertisement
Abreu was extremely mediocre. He used to **** me off with how far off plate he would stand made no sense
That dude swung like it was his last swing on Earth every time, lol. He did launch a few into orbit (top of parking garage comes to mind) but he was definitely a subpar average free swinger

Advertisement
I've been a little surprised and disappointed with Collins with the white sox. He's had a few good games but isn't tearing it up. That being said he's got better numbers than Grandal.

Advertisement
Back