Canes in the draft

Notsince1985

Retired staff
Premium
Little tidbit from the Herald:

### UM coach Jim Larranaga, who has been speaking to NBA general managers about his five departing players, expects Shane Larkin to be a first-round pick in the draft --- and possibly a lottery-pick (top 14) -- and Kenny Kadji to be a second-rounder. Larranaga also has been getting questions about Reggie Johnson (who needs to lose more weight) and Durand Scott (who needs to prove to teams he can consistently hit three-pointers).

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/#storylink=cpy

Advertisement
consistently hit 3's? Scott is a slasher. Its what he do. He gets to the basket and gets to the line and can FINISH. He will get alot of continuations that he didnt get in college. He is also an excellent defender and a good ball handler. Scott will be a good player in the league.

Norris Cole shot 32% at Cleveland St from downtown. He's now turning into a good NBA player because he now has an outside shot.

Unless your an unbelievable talent like Wade, you need an outside shot.

im confident scott can develop enough of an outside game to make it. the guy is just a basketball player. im excited to see what he, as well as the other guys, do down the road in the NBA.

Norris Cole shot 32% at Cleveland St from downtown. He's now turning into a good NBA player because he now has an outside shot.

Unless your an unbelievable talent like Wade, you need an outside shot.

great example, by the way

Advertisement
Dequan Jones avg 4 pts a game last yr in the league.

durand scott and Kadji sjhould make final roster if they get into good position fits.

im confident scott can develop enough of an outside game to make it. the guy is just a basketball player. im excited to see what he, as well as the other guys, do down the road in the NBA.

Depends on getting a chance or not. He might be better off being undrafted than late 2nd. So he can pick the depth chart he likes

(Orl. Magic fan here) I'd love to see Kadji be there for us at #51. I think he'd make our team and get decent playing time. Side note...I'm also hoping we hang onto DQ Jones another year or so. We've got tons of young guys...I'm hoping jones is on our roster again next year.

Advertisement
Durand Scott impresses at Nets draft combine:
http://zagsblog.com/articles/scott-impresses-at-nets-draft-combine-rockets-pacers-mavericks-asm-pro-day-up-next/

Sounds like he had a good defensive day on Missouri's Phil Pressey and played well on the offensive end, too. One scout said:

"I thought he played very well today, he just knows how to play,” the scout told SNY.tv after witnessing the workout at PNY Center. “He hit some nice 3’s, made some good passes, drove, and played under control. I think he’d be a nice second-round selection for someone.”

Advertisement
If Larkin goes to the Knicks, I blow something up, possibly Madison Square Garden. If Kadji goes to the Magic....wait, they still have a team?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back