Canes in the 2nd half under Richt

Ray52

Junior
[TWEET]931956906293329920[/TWEET]

Now 434-199 and held opponents under 10 points in 17 of 23 games.

Could do without the slow starts, but at least this coaching staff kills it with 2nd half adjustments.

Advertisement
Now if we can just transfer some of that to the 1st half (especially the 1st QTR) we'd be unstoppable.

Now if we can just transfer some of that to the 1st half (especially the 1st QTR) we'd be unstoppable.

I remember our 01 team always took a bit to wake up. We were a great 2nd and 4th quarter team. And we scored in spurts. (ala Neb 01, Wash 01, etc)

Advertisement

I remember our 01 team always took a bit to wake up. We were a great 2nd and 4th quarter team. And we scored in spurts. (ala Neb 01, Wash 01, etc)

Yes, and some of that was Larry Coker taking his foot off team’s throats when he had big leads. Penn State 30-0 and Nebraska 34-0 at the half. Scored a FG in the second half. Didn’t need more points but I though in the long run this was teaching the team to quit too early.

Almost lost the VT game at the end of 2001. Up 20-3 at the half.

It was a strange experience when it was 28-14 and Benkert looked like Matt Ryan dissecting the defense and I still felt calm and confident.

Advertisement
Back