'Canes hoops takes down #8 Gators

U

User-4525

"Angel Rodriguez was sensational" - Coach L

72yxAPm.gif

Yes he was. Angel Rodriguez dominated the second half and his performance looked eerily similar to his alpha dog days at Dr. Krop. Here’s a recap of Angel’s takeover and the ‘Canes upset of the Gators in Gainesville.

First half:

Gators come out pressing. Although two point guards are in, early on we use a 1 man game press breaker with Angel breaking the press. Manu is used as an outlet near the...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
I watched the game, Angel was fantastic. Plus Coach L is doing a terrific job.

Congrats to the Team on a great win over the Gator.

Nice summary. Thanks. I was pleased to see that we out-rebounded the Gators. The fact that the three freshmen - Palmer, Sherman, and Newton - can all make significant contributions this early in the season gives us pretty good depth. I think that, among other things, we wore the Gators down.

Last edited:
The team the gators faced isn't the same team we will see at the end of the season either.

Advertisement
Can we expect more from Burnett as the season progresses? I was a little surprised he played so little, and looked less at ease than the true freshman.

Can we expect more from Burnett as the season progresses? I was a little surprised he played so little, and looked less at ease than the true freshman.

I expect to. He can light up the score board. We should see him more in these next few games.

However if jaquan keeps playing this well he would take the 3rd guard spot and Burnett might get lost in the rotation.

Burnett > Manu IMO tho

Last edited by a moderator:
Coach L gets it, Angel wants it, good combo and looks like a good group to follow. GO CANES

Advertisement
Great stuff, thank you for doing this.

I hope you intend on doing this for every (most) games this season.

Not to thread hijack, but anyone watch those games last night? Sure Sparty is down a bit, but wow, Duke looks like the real deal with those 3 freshman. Tonye is gonna have his hands full against Okafor.

The team the gators faced isn't the same team we will see at the end of the season either.

Obviously and I wrote that in the article lol

Agreed. Lots of people bring it up, but that is the nature of college basketball most of the time. People come back, people are lost, but usually the teams, especially good and/or young ones grow and get better as the season goes on.

Great stuff, thank you for doing this.

I hope you intend on doing this for every (most) games this season.

Not to thread hijack, but anyone watch those games last night? Sure Sparty is down a bit, but wow, Duke looks like the real deal with those 3 freshman. Tonye is gonna have his hands full against Okafor.

Yeah I did. Duke's offense looks tourney ready and Okafor's post moves are ridiculous. He finishes anything within ten feet.

I wish we played them at the BUC this year.

I expect to. He can light up the score board. We should see him more in these next few games.

However if jaquan keeps playing this well he would take the 3rd guard spot and Burnett might get lost in the rotation.

Burnett > Manu IMO tho

After letting Dalvin go to FSU I am ok that he does not play. In all seriousness this win against UF was huge. Neither team was at full strength but to win a game like this in Gville down 15 points in the second half tells a lot about a team. We need to build on this and continue to improve throughout the year. This could be another fun ride.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back