Canes have the attention of the National Press

Advertisement
They’re so stupid. We beat Louisville, we back? Pffft. We beat Louisville last year.
Let’s see if this team can begin to develop an identity this year that will last multiple years.

Right now we have elite QB, RBs, TEs and kickers. But we’ll need more than that.

And so far in 2020, the mutual convergence of Diaz, Lashlee and King has helped changed the trajectory of a program that’s endured a similar detour from the sport’s hierarchy. Miami hasn’t won a marquee bowl game since 2003 and has yet to appear in the ACC championship game, something Wake Forest, Boston College and Georgia Tech have all managed to pull off.

Did I miss something here?

Advertisement
And so far in 2020, the mutual convergence of Diaz, Lashlee and King has helped changed the trajectory of a program that’s endured a similar detour from the sport’s hierarchy. Miami hasn’t won a marquee bowl game since 2003 and has yet to appear in the ACC championship game, something Wake Forest, Boston College and Georgia Tech have all managed to pull off.

He also characterized us as having a "marauding defense" last night. Perhaps he needs to be drug tested.

They’re so stupid. We beat Louisville, we back? Pffft. We beat Louisville last year.
Let’s see if this team can begin to develop an identity this year that will last multiple years.

Right now we have elite QB, RBs, TEs and kickers. But we’ll need more than that.
It's more about trajectory then are we there yet. For the first time in a while we're moving in the right direction offensively.

has yet to appear in the ACC championship game, something Wake Forest, Boston College and Georgia Tech have all managed to pull off.

DId we not get beat by Clemson in 2017 in the ACC championship game? We are by no means back. When you got a defense that allows 520 yards of total offense, I wouldn't call that being back..

Advertisement
Commented on this very subject

I agree with your sentiment but we have appeared in the ACC championship game (2017 vs Clemson). We just haven’t showed up or won one yet.

Advertisement
Somebody tell the guy in the first story (otherwise well written), we have been to and ACC Championship, I was there unless I'm in an altered universe.

F@@@ what the media saying, this team has a lot to improve on moving forward.. Louisville is a team with athletes on offense, our defense got the job done but it has to get better.. Our offense showed last night what it can be.. Hopefully every week our offense bring different looks, ppl complained after UAB but I said the offense wasn't showing much.. 2-0 lets keep WINNING, a Win is a Win..

Advertisement
He also characterized us as having a "marauding defense" last night. Perhaps he needs to be drug tested.

Perhaps when you remove the canes shades you can look at this squad for what it is and what it accomplished last night.

As fan we nit pick the little things.

But the national media doesn’t care about giving up garbage points and yard once you’ve been up 40-20.

Not to mention that on their finally TD..we should have had a sack and allowed the QB to escape.

The national media sees a high powered offense with a Heisman QB candidate. Who also has a marketable story that will get ppl to root for him and tune into games.

When we beat Louisville last year. It was anomaly of an offensive explosion in the middle of what was a terrible year for our offense.

This year we had a coordinator with a proven track record of sustained success. The media can buy into that after last night.

DId we not get beat by Clemson in 2017 in the ACC championship game? We are by no means back. When you got a defense that allows 520 yards of total offense, I wouldn't call that being back..

The thing is, in the modern age of college football, even the better teams give up 500 yards with some regularity. It is what it is. Back in the 1980s, if you gave up 500 yards you were flat garbage and probably weren't winning many games. But now, you can give up 500 and still win. Happens all the time.

The thing is, in the modern age of college football, even the better teams give up 500 yards with some regularity. It is what it is. Back in the 1980s, if you gave up 500 yards you were flat garbage and probably weren't winning many games. But now, you can give up 500 and still win. Happens all the time.
I wouldn't say that would be the case on average for the top tiered teams. Hey, I could be wrong but I can't see Clemson or Alabama, OSU, UGA giving up 500 yards on a regular basis. I guess my question for you is, would you consider UofL's offense on par with Clemson, Alabama, or an OSU?

They’re selling clicks. The majority of them had the Savant Satterfield outsmarting our coaching staff so badly that it would be an easy win for Louisville. They also know way less about our team than the fans do, especially this early.

Advertisement
Back