Canes have Bama's attention at a few positions

I don't think so. No offence to King, but Alabama is simply going to stack the line and take away everything short. Running game and passing game. They will force him to beat them deep. They will put bodies in his face, much like Clemson did. I don't think Alabama is scared of King at all, healthy or not.

Now if King can hit some shots down the field and force Bama to back the **** off, he becomes a tough dude to defend. If he can't, none of our guys will have any room to work.
I can see every team trying this!! I think Rambo helps tremendously with this. Bama usually seems to start off just a little slow and by years end they look like monsters

Advertisement
I can see every team trying this!! I think Rambo helps tremendously with this. Bama usually seems to start off just a little slow and by years end they look like monsters
They have routinely demolished Power 5 OOC teams opening week. Off the Top of my head they have blown out USC, Duke, Michigan, FSU the past few seasons. Maybe we have better luck.

Last edited:
They have routinely demolished Power 5 OOC teams opening week. Off the Top of my head they have blown out USC, Duke, Michigan, FSU the past few seasons. Maybe we have better luck.
They are a well oiled machine. Best oil money can buy.

While they have had good opening game showings, they do tend to get better as the year rolls along. We need to be really, really prepared or this game will get ugly. What worries me the most is Manny getting the team ready. Bye weeks, season openers and bowl games aren't kind to him. Here's hoping this is the year he fits his big boy pants.

Advertisement
Quarterbacks: D'Eriq King comes in at #3

3.] INJURED D’Eriq King (Gr.), Miami, Sept. 4, Atlanta.

2020 season: Houston transfer settled in as a team captain and proceeded to pass for 2,686 yards and 23 touchdowns while running for 538 yards and four more scores. Threw just five interceptions in 329 pass attempts. Honorable mention all-ACC choice sustained an ACL injury in Hurricanes’ bowl game loss to Oklahoma State.

Area where Alabama will need to be effective: In the ramp up to next season, King's recovery from knee surgery will be on the radar of every UA fan. From the UM perspective, when a quarterback room depleted by transfers is considered, it takes on even greater concern. Even if King, who would be at the top of this list if not for injury, is able to go against Alabama in the opener, will he be at a point where Miami offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee has full access of the playbook? The arrival of wide receiver Charleston Rambo from Oklahoma should prove helpful where the passing game is concerned.

Other guys: #1A Healthy King, UM - #1B Matt Corral, Ol Miss - #2 Myles Brennan, LSU - #4 Bo Nix, AU - #5 Emory Jones, UF
I updated their rankings for them

I don't think so. No offence to King, but Alabama is simply going to stack the line and take away everything short. Running game and passing game. They will force him to beat them deep. They will put bodies in his face, much like Clemson did. I don't think Alabama is scared of King at all, healthy or not.

Now if King can hit some shots down the field and force Bama to back the **** off, he becomes a tough dude to defend. If he can't, none of our guys will have any room to work.

That's what every team will do. Coaches don't respect him in the passing game. By the same token, they sure as **** don't respect our receivers.

So King and company need to change that.

"Even if King, who would be at the top of this list if not for injury"

I was laughing at those who are so butt hurt over King being 3rd on that list. People need to read.

I like King better than Brennan, but Corral is even or better in my mind. Kid can sling it and always had to play like he had to score every possession.

Seriously??? They mentioned Gaynor? He's frickin brutal....
I Guess If You Say So GIF

Advertisement
At least Diaz never coached under Saban....he has never lost to a coach that was on his staff.

Bama really fears UM.

They're shaking like a puppy passing a peach pit.
Of course they arent afraid..but neither are we and if you dont think that Saban (who is a master at non-direct motivation tactics) isnt going to remind his players of that 2017 ND game where we looked like a UM team from our dynasty days and let them know that even a broken clock is right twice a day so dont overlook us..then you dont know Saban. They arent coming into this game like they are playing Vanderbilt or Kentucky I can guarantee you that.

It all starts with King. He is the straw that stirs the drink for both sides of the ball. From there I would rank them 2) Bolden - if he plays up to his all american potential that he showed last year he will be the best player on the field or **** close to it. 3) Rique - has the potential to lock up one side of the field and contribute in the PR game 4) Harley - I wanted to put Rambo but Harley is playing at as high of level as possible 5) Donaldson - coaches are raving about him. Can he open up some run lanes for our backs?
O-Line
D-Line

Thats where it starts

Advertisement

this

clemson basically said king is a glorified RB and they were right. king struggles with the deep ball, and Bama is gonna see it on tape just like clemson did.

Advertisement
Back