Canes @ Gators 6:30 p.m Game 1 on SECn ESPN Plus

It’s hard believe that in 3 years we’ve gone from Van Belle, McMahon, Cecconi to whatever you want to call this weekend rotation
That rotation was a complete anomaly in the history of our demise. Our pitching evals have went hand in hand with how bad our program has become. It’s on full display every year we play the gators. They’re on a whole nother level since sully took over

Advertisement
This game will be indicative of the rest of the season I fear. This Gator series has been the canary in the coal mine for over decade.
This is just one game. Pitching has to improve dramatically.

I don't think we're coached well offensively. We look the same every year. I couldn't tell your what the offensive approach is. Sadly, it just looks like our hitters are self taught relying purely on talent and what they've learned elsewhere because you don't see a "team" approach to hitting. Every guy is doing something different in the same hitting counts.

The Gators are putting on a hitting clinic. They hit line drives and home runs. They have really good approaches at the plate. You can see it with every hitter. It tells me they're coached really well.

Last edited:
Is Dom really gonna be our SS for 4 years?? The staff couldn’t find anyone to push him in four years?

Advertisement
This is just one game. Pitching has to improve dramatically.

I don't think we're coach well offensively. We look the same every year. I couldn't tell your what the offensive approach is. Sadly, it just looks like our hitters are self taught relying purely on talent and what they've learned elsewhere because you don't see a "team" approach to hitting. Every guy is doing something different in the same hitting counts.

The Gators are putting on a hitting clinic. They hit line drives and home runs. They have really good approaches at the plate. You can see it with every hitter. It tells me they're coached really well.
Number 1 I’ve watched you come in here and complain about the approaches since Gino took over 5 years ago. Rightfully so.

The team isn’t going to improve. Everyone on this board that follows the team as closely as we do know Miami teams don’t get better as year goes on. They’ll get hot at the midway point and than fall flat on their face like they do year after year. It’s a tradition at this point

Number 1 I’ve watched you come in here and complain about the approaches since Gino took over 5 years ago. Rightfully so.

The team isn’t going to improve. Everyone on this board that follows the team as closely as we do know Miami teams don’t get better as year goes on. They’ll get hot at the midway point and than fall flat on their face like they do year after year. It’s a tradition at this point
Unless we have some freshmen that we haven’t seen play, I don’t see us getting hot at all

That's what happens when the skipper donates his salary and it's not the highest paid gug

Advertisement

I guess I'm pointing out the obvious, but hoping I'm wrong.

When you see a team like UF hit, it's even more glaring.

If I'm the hitting coach (I assume it's Gino), I put my ego aside and talk to the coaches from the best hitting teams to incorporate what they are doing into my program. They're generally the same schools every year.

Advertisement
Rad You Watching This??? Big Corching changes needed at seasons end!! Land us De Moron out in the regionals and fire him and
his lame *** staff. Following Cans BB for 40 plus yrs and hurts to watch his un accompliced **** show year after year.
For a guy he extended after last season? Okie doke.

If I'm the hitting coach (I assume it's Gino), I put my ego aside and talk to the coaches from the best hitting teams to incorporate what they are doing into my program. They're generally the same schools every year.
Lopez works with the offense as well.

Gino needs to stay in the dugout too. He has no feel out there. Which is shocking because he was a good base runner apparently.

I def would love to know what the team approach is…not swings. But what is the goal they go for…because I have no clue other than trying to hit 3 run home runs no matter your size and no matter the count.

Advertisement

Lopez is ostensibly the hitting coach. Assuming Gino is staying, you could now keep Lopez as the recruiting coordinator and hire a more experienced hitting coach with the the third assistant spot.

Advertisement
Back