canes football program

Purple Fever

Redshirt Freshman
In my opinion we would be in better shape today if Shannon had not been replaced by Golden. What are your thoughts

Advertisement
You can polish turds to make them look better , but in the end it's still just a ****. We've had a lot of turds lately.

I totally agree. At least shannons players played with a little bit of fire and energy and didnt give up when they were losing. You see guys have assing it all the time under golden.

Advertisement
Great response. After the Golden interview on WQAM, this struck me. I knew I would be ridiculed by such as you

Randy had to go. His players quit on him just like Al's. However, Al only appeared an improvement -- he had a plan and Randy did not. Unfortunately Al's plan sucked so there has been no difference.

Advertisement
Randy fresh in the door at UF:

Antonio Callaway, Jordan Scarlett, Jordan Cronkrite

Golden's 5th recruiting class at UM:

Mark Walton

Randy - 3
Golden - 1

Randy > Golden

Saying Miami would be better with Shannon is like an 800 lb ****** losing 50lbs and saying "dam I look good. I lost all this weight".

What's that old Dr. Phil quote? "You can put lips stick on pig but it's still a pig. " Lmfao

Advertisement
Al Golden is the next Joe Paterno..he is imposing a cultural change at Miami. Didn't you hear the interview...guys "dont want to leave the locker room". It's only a matter of time

Advertisement
The sad thing is, even if Golden finally gets fired this year, I don't think this school will hire anyone who can do much better. We know they won't spend the money necessary to get even a good up and coming coach....and the problems with the program in general (Like no stadium anywhere near campus, no real support from the community, inferior or small facilities, etc.} make the job unattractive to some. They will probably just turn the team over to James Foley with a small raise. This despite the fact that a coach like Butch Davis or Mike Leach would come here in a heartbeat and for less money than most. Unfortunately those two are "tainted" by scandals that happened at other schools and the BOT won't touch them.

It's just a pathetic mess and I don't see an end to it anytime soon.

The only way would have been better off is if Donna Shalala and the rest of the administration was never born. Three pathetic hires in a row is no easy thing to pull off.

Advertisement
Back