Canes fans: Where ya from?

Advertisement
Originally from Tivoli Gardens Kingston Jamaica, raised in Liberty City but my Grandfather on my Dad’s side is from Trelawny Town & when we traced our family’s history we come from the Maroon lineage & even crazy enough, we actually have a bunch of our familial ancestors who escaped Jamaica & went to Florida, like a whole branch of Black Seminoles from Florida on our family tree. I’m basically part Nole in terms of Bloodline lol

Have family all over FLA from as far North as Apalachicola, to Riviera Beach, to Florida City on my Dad’s side.

On my Mom’s side most of her family is in Panama (she’s AfroPanamanian) & some are scattered throughout Belize, the ones who came & still live in America live in the Southwest.

But I’ve lived in many different places from FL, to Texas, Cali & even Mexico (Puebla for a year after college) throughout my lifetime.
So my wife’s grandparents are from Jamaica as well. Kingston I believe, and her grandfather also comes from Maroon lineage. They immigrated to New York and New Jersey though.

Edit: forgot to mention, her grandmother still has family in England. Need to keep asking what part lol they’re up there in age like 86 and 92.

Advertisement
Born in Coral Gables, raised in the Westchester area of Miami, then lived in Kendall for a while, and now in the Atlanta area.
Every now and then I spot a fellow Cane.

Which hood? Loved shopping on 52nd and I used to go to this Jamaican jawn off of 61st and Pine. My cuzzo stays off 51st and Walnut.

bruh, I could throw a rock and hit you....my dumbass probably did lol
grew up on 60th and Cedar Ave. 52nd street was definitely the shopping spot back in the day.
do you remember that soul food place on 52st? had the best mac n cheese, yams...etc
also, there was a cheesesteak place on 60th and like Spruce called SouthSides. their steaks were better than Pats, Genos, Jims....all of them

Advertisement
grew up on 60th and Cedar Ave. 52nd street was definitely the shopping spot back in the day.
do you remember that soul food place on 52st? had the best mac n cheese, yams...etc
also, there was a cheesesteak place on 60th and like Spruce called SouthSides. their steaks were better than Pats, Genos, Jims....all of them
Funny story I went to Pats on a business trip years ago and when ordering my Steak & Cheese at the window I asked if they had barbecue sauce and the guy told me to take off that they don't ruin their S&C with that. LOL

So I went across to Genos and didn't make that mistake again.

The cheese whiz was an interesting touch.

Odessa, TX

Home of Friday Night Lights

We had a brief stint on Cocaine Cowboys 2, lol

Home of Malachi Medlock 😉

Advertisement
I have never tried the place in all my years.
And I hate Pat's and Geno's. I don't think I've tried Southsides, either. Southside, loved Gooue Louie's on 4th and Moyamensing for their hoagies and Jim's when I'm drunk but my old spots were Pagano's on 74th and Ogobtz before the Chinese bought em out, Max's but my ultimate two favorites are Dalessandro's and Leo's in Sharon Hill. Leo's is very underrated.

Born and raised in Key West...left in ‘78 to work at Piper Aircraft in Lakeland till they closed in ‘81-‘82 and been in the New Orleans area ever since...

Advertisement
Born in Key West, live in Woodstock, NY. I was going to be a Canes fan no matter where I was born, had no choice. Plus, The U always had a few guys on the team from KW.
Worst cramps I had was game against KW in KW. On the positive side, went trolling for grouper there the next day w deep diving lures. Never done that before. Super cool.

Worst cramps I had was game against KW in KW. On the positive side, went trolling for grouper there the next day w deep diving lures. Never done that before. Super cool.
Saw a lot of guys get cramps against us...it’s hard when the humidity is often higher than the temperature..lol

Born & raised in Dade County. I was born at Baptist Hospital, lived in Perrine from 0-8, lived in Naranja from 8-15, lived in Goulds from 15-17. My grandma lived in Richmond Heights so I spent most my time there. Colonial Drive Elementary, Southwood Middle, Coral Reef High. I played college football up in Minnesota, moved in with my pops in North Miami Beach when I came back home & now live in Goulds again. I'm about to move to Palm Beach though.
Man I remember back in HS driving my pickup truck through Gould’s and getting pelted w rocks...lol. Good times.👍.

Advertisement
Back