Canes fans: Where ya from?

I'm a Vikings fan. I get roasted about 38-7 by my Eagles friends
That’s crazy. I grew up in south Florida and was a Canes fan and Vikings fan. I started being a Vikings fan because of Anthony Carter. Then along comes Chris Carter and Randy Moss. That loss to the dirty birds in the NFC championship when Anderson missed the FG was devastating. Now a days I am a Phins fan ESPECIALLY with a black coach and GM. I really hope we make history and win a super bowl.

Advertisement
That’s crazy. I grew up in south Florida and was a Canes fan and Vikings fan. I started being a Vikings fan because of Anthony Carter. Then along comes Chris Carter and Randy Moss. That loss to the dirty birds in the NFC championship when Anderson missed the FG was devastating. Now a days I am a Phins fan ESPECIALLY with a black coach and GM. I really hope we make history and win a super bowl.
I started liking them because of Anthony Carter and Joey Browner, Keith Millard, and Chris Doleman. It was the helmets that got me though. I still have nightmares about '98

I was born 94 and lived my whole life in Pinecrest. Must have been crazy different living there when it was unincorporated dade county.
I lived in Palmetto Bay before it was Palmetto Bay, our mail said South Miami, FL. We went to Perrine Park and the Perrine Shopping Center. We explained where we lived by saying, "South Miami near Perrine, right off Richmond Drive." Then answered the inevitable next question with, "No, Richmond Drive, 168th St, not Richmond Heights."

Advertisement
When were you in the eighty deuce? What brigade? I was in 3rd Brigade 1-505th (1 Panther or 1P) from 2008-2013. Fayettenam is the *** hole of North Kackalacki 😂🤣😂
I was long gone before you've arrived. How did you love those payday activities??? 😂😂😂 Attending it on Pike Field listening to a bunch of mfers talking about **** that e don't give 2 ***** about. 😂😂😂

But 8 was a part of the old PSB/SSB. Not sure if it disbanded after the realignment of the ay brigades, like 1/17th CAV leaving the 82D, etc. I worked up on the hill, Gavin Hall.
Got an article cause I got caught climbing the water tower.

Advertisement
Calgary, Canada

Yoooooooooooooooo!

Calgary, Alberta, Canada via Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I use to only be able to watch my canes when they were in the Big East playing Syracuse or had a national game. Had a chance to meet Art Kehoe as a kid when he was looking for OL up here and it was a rap!

Shout out to my fellow Canadian Canes!!

Advertisement
Tampa. Stayed went to USF. Go Bulls! Been here ever since. Became a Cane when a friend/teammate was recruited and sent a poster of Otis Anderson in 1977 that he gave to me. Years later became close friends with Kenny Calhoun through a friend. We would get on the sidelines for games at the O Bowl when we were all that. Partied at Big Daddy's on Biscayne and The Inferno. Greatest experiences in my life.
Not his buddy but I’ve met Kenny Calhoun a few times. Good dude, humble, even keeled, think he’s still a police officer in north Florida area.

Although I’m digressing a bit I have to again acknowledge that he made one of the greatest defensive plays in UM football history when he deflected that last second Nebraska pass that helped UM win the national championship.(Amazing game too!)

They are 40+ indeed. Mom went to Norland
She's from Norland then lol.

Its either Norlnad, or Carol City for the most part with some small neighborhoods listed in between (Bajas, Myrtle Grove,Lake Lucerne,River City, Norwood). If they call it Miami Gardens id say they are youngsters because they wouldnt know the difference. @Wildnation

Advertisement
I was long gone before you've arrived. How did you love those payday activities??? 😂😂😂 Attending it on Pike Field listening to a bunch of mfers talking about **** that e don't give 2 ***** about. 😂😂😂

But 8 was a part of the old PSB/SSB. Not sure if it disbanded after the realignment of the ay brigades, like 1/17th CAV leaving the 82D, etc. I worked up on the hill, Gavin Hall.
Got an article cause I got caught climbing the water tower.
**** payday activities 😂🤣😂🤣 and I would have HATED to work up on the hill 😂🤣😂🤣 Speaking of Pike field George Bush came to speak to us when he was president during All American week and mutha****as were falling out left and right. He was speaking for what felt like HOURS in 95 degree 100% humidity summer day in NC. It was hilarious I got smoked afterwards for laughing at people dropping. Climbing the water tower is impressive bro 😂🤣😂🤣 I remember my first jump in division our company 1SG got tangled in my chute and couldn’t climb down to me so we rode it in together and he landed on me as I was doing my PLF and broke my leg. Dude was ginormous. Around 6’3” 250 lbs. I definitely don’t miss the JFX missions when we jumped in and secured the airfield operations. One mission we had to ruck back to the company from the drop zone after being up for like 30 something hours. First thing we did after was go to the class 6 and get a handle and throw down like a good paratrooper does 😂🤣😂

I started liking them because of Anthony Carter and Joey Browner, Keith Millard, and Chris Doleman. It was the helmets that got me though. I still have nightmares about '98
**** Doleman was a BEAST son!!!! My favorite Vikings were the Carters, Randle, Doleman, Moss, Robert Smith and Adrienne Peterson. I know there was a DB I really liked but I am drawing a blank.

I miss that town. I really miss Mr Z's. Left post to go there every lunch.
And every now and then.... I think Cagney's for its steak and **** lunch deal.... 😂😂😂
My favorite time in the Nam was white girl night at South Beach....

One think about those 2 Waffle Houses.... if they were packed.... had to go all the way down to Raefore Rd to the Waffle House NO ONE ate at. Happened to me once when I was partying with Bonecrusher at the Sportsbar on Longstreet on post.
Great cigar shop there, Ansteads, was an old barn originally and the old man Wayne turned that it into a thing of beauty.

Advertisement
Back