Canes fans in the Orlando area

Moecane

The Conquering Lion will break every chain.
What venue are you watching the game this weekend?

Advertisement
home 😀. I actually have a real estate event we are hosting and it’s from 3pm-7pm. So I’m going to tape the game turn my phone off, drive home get some food, crack open a beer and watch the game like it was live

home 😀. I actually have a real estate event we are hosting and it’s from 3pm-7pm. So I’m going to tape the game turn my phone off, drive home get some food, crack open a beer and watch the game like it was live
404B882A-BEED-4586-807D-890075570E86.gif

I’ve been doing this all year. Somehow my son’s baseball game’s and Miami football, decided they’ll schedule every game including this weekend at the same time. Sorry buddy, you’re on your own this weekend, as well as the team…….I’m the coach 🤣

I’ve been doing this all year. Somehow my son’s baseball game’s and Miami football, decided they’ll schedule every game including this weekend at the same time. Sorry buddy, you’re on your own this weekend, as well as the team…….I’m the coach 🤣
I coach my sons Single A baseball team (5-7yr olds) and I scheduled hitting practice at 9am on Saturdays. Unfortunately we have an event for a Fall Festival I can’t miss. I used to work for the Florida Panthers and on Saturday games I’d have to go to random parts of the stadium I wouldn’t find TVs or people that would talk to me about football, and come home and watch it. Doesn’t happen often but when it does you make it work.

Advertisement

I’ve done this once or twice. Hasn’t happened much thank god but it’s doable. Just avoid everyone like the plague and turn your phone off. Also, I would suggest leaving your TV on like Lifetime or something when you leave. You don’t want highlights of the game on ESPN showing when you turn it on.

I’ve done this once or twice. Hasn’t happened much thank god but it’s doable. Just avoid everyone like the plague and turn your phone off. Also, I would suggest leaving your TV on like Lifetime or something when you leave. You don’t want highlights of the game on ESPN showing when you turn it on.
This is solid solid advice. It’s happened before I turn the tv one after taping and the actual game wasn’t over yet.

Advertisement
I live in Broward but I was in Orlando last weekend because my gf gets her hair done there and we’ll just make a weekend out of it every 7 weeks or so. Anyway, her appointment was just after Miami GT kicked off so she dropped me off early at Gator Dockside in Baldwin park. Had a really strange experience. I sat at the bar, maybe 5 other ppl in the establishment at this point and one of the main bar TVs had on pitt/duke so I asked the bar tender to change it to Miami GT and she said oh you have to look at the helmets on the bottom of the screen to see what games will be on. The helmets were nfl teams, I said well those are pro helmets….can I speak to a manager I’m not trying to be difficult but it’s really odd that a sports bar won’t change a tv for a customer. So the manager comes ans says he can put it on a corner tv. I said well I’m by myself so I rather not sit at a table. I told him no one is Gonna want to watch pitt duke anyway and he goes well I can say the same about the canes as they aren’t very good this year. I almost bust out laughing for a couple reasons. Instead I told him well you realize the difference is that I’m here now requesting that game and there is no one requesting the pitt game ???? He changed it after some back and forth. But was a really odd interaction. Anyway rant over.

Advertisement
I live in Broward but I was in Orlando last weekend because my gf gets her hair done there and we’ll just make a weekend out of it every 7 weeks or so. Anyway, her appointment was just after Miami GT kicked off so she dropped me off early at Gator Dockside in Baldwin park. Had a really strange experience. I sat at the bar, maybe 5 other ppl in the establishment at this point and one of the main bar TVs had on pitt/duke so I asked the bar tender to change it to Miami GT and she said oh you have to look at the helmets on the bottom of the screen to see what games will be on. The helmets were nfl teams, I said well those are pro helmets….can I speak to a manager I’m not trying to be difficult but it’s really odd that a sports bar won’t change a tv for a customer. So the manager comes ans says he can put it on a corner tv. I said well I’m by myself so I rather not sit at a table. I told him no one is Gonna want to watch pitt duke anyway and he goes well I can say the same about the canes as they aren’t very good this year. I almost bust out laughing for a couple reasons. Instead I told him well you realize the difference is that I’m here now requesting that game and there is no one requesting the pitt game ???? He changed it after some back and forth. But was a really odd interaction. Anyway rant over.
Orlando gonna Orlando....Especially in regards to the Canes...I'm beyond happy I left that place....

Chick stations like that are always a good choice. Bravo is another. Basically any channel that my wife regularly watches like that, or the home decorating channels of the food channels you’re good to go

Orlando is littered with customer service douchbags. I live in Orlando and good help is extremely hard to find these days. I'm glad he changed it for you. Did you torture yourself like I did and watch every snap? I know a win is a win but I honestly don't think I have ever been as aggravated after a win as I was this past Saturday.

Advertisement

Next time try "Friendly Confines" at the corner of Aloma ave & Semoran Blvd in Winter Park, FL it's on the eastern side of Baldwin Park. Much better food and UM friendly.

Go Canes

I think Brandon Merriweather has a bar/restaurant in Apopka.
I will be recording the game and watching it after EDC. Those jerks always schedule the festival for the same day as Miami-FSU, but this year they both looked so bad that I just bought tickets to that instead of shlepping my *** up to Tally. Now I am somewhat regretting that choice.

Imbeciles. Just turn the ******* channel.

Advertisement
Back