Canes @ Fake North Carolina School

How bad is Gottfried?

He has at least 2 first round picks. DSJ is easily a lottery pick and top 5. OY will be a first rounder.

The fact that OY is considered a first rounder is a joke. Then again, the NBA draft is more about potential than any other draft, so there's that. From what i've seen of OY this season, he's 2-3 years away from being a contributor at the NBA level, and that's a kind estimate. Compared to some other Euro bigs, he looks flat out average. He's big, that's all. Not overly athletic, he just looks raw.

Advertisement
Really impressed by Izundu today, hopefully this kind of improvement continues. Also, what's the deal with Miller? I wasn't expecting him to contribute much but he only ever seems to get garbage time minutes.

He would be redshirting if we could physically redshirt him. Dude needs to eat less cheeseburgers and more salads.

He reminds me of Gamble. He really needed a redshirt and I don't expect him to provide serious burn (if ever) for a few years.

He should have gotten that shirt last year, there was no reason why he should have played. He didn't get enough PT to truly grow, and as a result, Miami most likely won't get that year of him being a grown man. The only way you don't sit a big like him is if he's getting major burn, like Tonye did in 2012. Other than that, you let these raw guys sit and learn.

That fly pattern inbounds play looks unstoppable when the D goes over aggressive trying for the steal.

Really impressed by Izundu today, hopefully this kind of improvement continues. Also, what's the deal with Miller? I wasn't expecting him to contribute much but he only ever seems to get garbage time minutes.

He would be redshirting if we could physically redshirt him. Dude needs to eat less cheeseburgers and more salads.

He reminds me of Gamble. He really needed a redshirt and I don't expect him to provide serious burn (if ever) for a few years.

He should have gotten that shirt last year, there was no reason why he should have played. He didn't get enough PT to truly grow, and as a result, Miami most likely won't get that year of him being a grown man. The only way you don't sit a big like him is if he's getting major burn, like Tonye did in 2012. Other than that, you let these raw guys sit and learn.

We're talking about Miller and this is his first year.

Advertisement
That fly pattern inbounds play looks unstoppable when the D goes over aggressive trying for the steal.

It certainly keeps them honest or they can be like UNC and be dumb.

If the defense doesn't play somebody back, they are going to get burned for an easy bucket. The result is that instead of 5 defenders guarding 4 players on the inbounds play, it will ultimately force the defense to play 4 on 4 with one defender deep, making the press harder to set up and the steal much less likely. Gottfried didn't adjust (or couldn't because he was out of timeouts) when State went into desperation mode, and got burned. I don't remember if we use the same inbounder each time on those plays, but whoever is throwing the long ball, it's very well executed.

Advertisement
Big win. Izundu with a big time game. We all knew he had some potential but to show it on the road was huge. Hope it gives him the confidence he needs. Always liked Amp's game and he just hasn't been able to figure out his role this year. But he played great and hit that three which are the kinds of plays you need to make to win on the road in the ACC. Let's protect our home court now and hopefully we can steal one more road game although it won't be easy.

Advertisement
Back