"Canes Continue South Florida Surge"

dfagundo

Sawsed
ESPN Article

* Thomas joining BTW teammates Bethel, and Jackson as 2014 commits
* 6'4 235lb announced on twitter and confirmed via text
* said Miami was "best fit" for him
* Thomas said "I went to some top schools this week and from what I need and wanted, Miami had the best to offer"
* Thomas had 39 tkls, 4.5 sacks as junior
* "If Thomas continues to add size, has a chance to be a very good player on next level" - Derek Tyson, ESPN
* Article also said Thomas needed to keep filling out and developing game; might not be at level of that random kid we recruited last year whose last name was also Thomas and went to FSU, but has ability and upside and is great prospect in own right
* Head coach Al Golden seems to have slight change in recruiting philosophy; in 2013 class only had 4 players from SFL
* With addition of Thomas, 14 of 22 now hail from talent-rich area
* Emphasis being placed on SFL can only help Miami w/ other prospects like Lammons, Ermon, and Moten
* Moten opened up his recruitment Saturday morning and has narrowed his choices down to MIAMI, USCe, FSU
* 22 commits for 2014, including 9 in ESPN300, and No. 12 class in countr

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncfrecruiting/southeast/post?id=21050

Advertisement
all it means is all these south florida kids will get on the others. kids like moten will want to stay home and be a part of the class of south florida kids.

I really hate whenever last year's class is brought up due to the fact that only 4 kids were from SoFla. The class still had a ****load of talent.

Dont want Treon... Not sour grapes just think berrios and dixon are wayyyy better for the alot and dixon can play outside.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back