Canes clinch double bye in ACCT

Advertisement
Advertisement
3rd seed won't play Duke until the Final. 4th seed gets them in the semi, barring upsets of course..

Bet Wake fans are pulling their hair out. Some tough losses to keep them out of the double bye.

Advertisement
3rd seed won't play Duke until the Final. 4th seed gets them in the semi, barring upsets of course..

Bet Wake fans are pulling their hair out. Some tough losses to keep them out of the double bye.
FSU and VT games are what's standing between us and first place right now too. So, if I had hair, I'd be pulling it out. 3 points.

FSU and VT games are what's standing between us and first place right now too. So, if I had hair, I'd be pulling it out. 3 points.
We have three 1 point losses, a 3 point loss, and a 4 point loss in conf play. Then the ugly loss at UVA(13 points). Of course, we also have a wins of 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 points in our wins. So, those games could’ve easily gone the other way, too. We’re honestly about right where we should be. The FSU game in Tallahassee and the VT losses are the ones that I look back at the most and say “Man, we should’ve won that game”.

We have three 1 point losses, a 3 point loss, and a 4 point loss in conf play. Then the ugly loss at UVA(13 points). Of course, we also have a wins of 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 points in our wins. So, those games could’ve easily gone the other way, too. We’re honestly about right where we should be. The FSU game in Tallahassee and the VT losses are the ones that I look back at the most and say “Man, we should’ve won that game”.

You're right, though the Syracuse game being a 1 point win, wasn't a normal 1 point win as they hit a 3 at the buzzer.

Advertisement
Let’s not forget that most of the basketball “experts” here had the team finishing last in the ACC.
I wonder if anyone had this team finishing in the top 4 of the ACC this season? Kudos to anyone who did. I thought we'd be a middle of the pack team hovering around .500. I thought 18-20 wins would be our ceiling if certain things bounced our way. Happy to be wrong there. After watching the last few years, I wasn't sure if the old man had it in him anymore. Good job by Larranaga and staff, more importantly the players in turning things around. It looked bleak to start the season. GO CANES!!

I wonder if anyone had this team finishing in the top 4 of the ACC this season? Kudos to anyone who did. I thought we'd be a middle of the pack team hovering around .500. I thought 18-20 wins would be our ceiling if certain things bounced our way. Happy to be wrong there. After watching the last few years, I wasn't sure if the old man had it in him anymore. Good job by Larranaga and staff, more importantly the players in turning things around. It looked bleak to start the season. GO CANES!!

I refused to even speculate. But I wouldn’t have had us at the bottom or the top, probably dead center. No way we would have been trash with Moore, Wong and McGusty.

The big surprise to me was the New Zealander. SW has been clutch.

And if I’m being honest I thought Larranaga was ready for the assisted living facility. Love seeing him come back like that. We still desperately need a succession plan for him.

Seems pointless to speculate about the NCAAs right now. Just take care of business in the ACC tournament. We’ve played Duke and UNC tough over the years. Hope we shock the world there.

Advertisement
I wonder if anyone had this team finishing in the top 4 of the ACC this season? Kudos to anyone who did.
Kudos to ROK, who said 4th or 5th in ACC in a Sep 20, 2021 post!

Very pleasantly surprised here, especially play lately from Sam. All of Kam, Sam (look at NC game), Wong, Miller, and Charlie have exhibited topgun performance at times, even Walker on occasion.

As homers go, I dare to dream they will all do that at the same time in March, and find us reaching unforeseen heights. Just recently, each of the Top 6 teams lost on the same day. I sure hoop we are in the upsetters' mix.

Seems pointless to speculate about the NCAAs right now. Just take care of business in the ACC tournament. We’ve played Duke and UNC tough over the years. Hope we shock the world there.
Get a win in the quarters. Conference tourneys mean squat in most cases. We won the thing in '13 and were out in the Sweet 16

Advertisement
Back