Canes BSBL at UVA Game 3 (Canes Win 8-6)

That doesn't sound any better. You are still making it sound as though Jim Morris and his coaching abilities will determine the outcome of this series, like the other team is just going to sit back and let us do what we want.
If that's what you're reading into it, then you clearly don't understand my point nor do you understand baseball.

Stick to cards, straw(wo)man.

Advertisement
That doesn't sound any better. You are still making it sound as though Jim Morris and his coaching abilities will determine the outcome of this series, like the other team is just going to sit back and let us do what we want.
If that's what you're reading into it, then you clearly don't understand my point nor do you understand baseball.

Stick to cards, straw(wo)man.

Right, I don't understand baseball. This would get ugly real quick if you could think of some kind of challenge, but you'll run away and avoid that conversation. Keep believing that Jim Morris controls the series.

And it speaks volumes about your character that you started insulting me one post into a disagreement. Insecurity doesn't look good on you.

...but he has to stress to these guys how important this week is to the postseason and our positioning.

Right, because I'm sure that never occurred to anyone. That's cutting edge stuff you're bringing to the table. "He has to tell them that the Florida State series is important". SMH.

...but he has to stress to these guys how important this week is to the postseason and our positioning.

Right, because I'm sure that never occurred to anyone. That's cutting edge stuff you're bringing to the table. "He has to tell them that the Florida State series is important". SMH.
We're all waiting for your supreme insight, oh great Straw(wo)man.

Instead of baselessly attacking what I had to say because you're still butthurt at me over a thread on the Football board, why don't you give your own ******* opinion???

Right, I don't understand baseball.
You said it, sister.

This would get ugly real quick if you could think of some kind of challenge, but you'll run away and avoid that conversation.
I'm out of it now, but I've coached some level of youth baseball from minor league (7-8 year olds) all the way up to senior league (15-16 year olds) for 15+ of my 33 years on earth. I played for several years growing up on into HS, and wasn't the best, but wasn't bad either. I think I've been around the game enough from both the playing/coaching ends to be able to speak to that.

I don't know your credentials and really don't care. I just know what I know. If you disagree, fine. No need to be condescending and disrespectful about it, otherwise--you should expect to get it right back.

Keep believing that Jim Morris controls the series.
Strawman. Point out where I said that he alone controls the series. I'll wait.

And it speaks volumes about your character that you started insulting me one post into a disagreement. Insecurity doesn't look good on you.
It speaks volumes about your character that you followed me from the Football board just to bytch about my opinion on the importance of this weekend. Get off my nuts.

Advertisement
Instead of baselessly attacking what I had to say because you're still butthurt at me over a thread on the Football board, why don't you give your own ******* opinion???

No, you said it all. Coaches all over the country are waiting for your next gem now that you unveiled the strategy to tell the team that the next series is important. Minds are blown.

I'm out of it now, but I've coached some level of youth baseball from minor league (7-8 year olds) all the way up to senior league (15-16 year olds) for 15+ of my 33 years on earth. I played for several years growing up on into HS, and wasn't the best, but wasn't bad either. I think I've been around the game enough from both the playing/coaching ends to be able to speak to that.

You coached little league? Where anyone can sign up and be called a coach? You should have said so earlier. Didn't know I would find myself in the unique situation of discussing baseball with a little league coach.

Sure, that was easy: "If he can steer them in that kind of direction, we'll be fine and may surprise some folks this week with a 3-1 or 4-0 showing. If he doesn't, we'll limp to 2-2 or 1-3. At this point, it's on him."

We're either going to go 3-1/4-0 or 2-2/1-3, and it's "on him". Can't make it any more clear.

It speaks volumes about your character that you followed me from the Football board just to bytch about my opinion on the importance of this weekend. Get off my nuts.

I didn't follow you from anywhere. Not my fault that the biggest idiot on both boards just happens to be you. A little league coach who thinks that Mike Leach is the real deal. Can't make that up. You're a cartoon character.

You coached little league? Where anyone can sign up and be called a coach? You should have said so earlier. Didn't know I would find myself in the unique situation of discussing baseball with a little league coach.
I did. And I coached a bunch of kids that turned out to be really good ballplayers in my area, and a few that ended up playing college ball. I played with/against some guys that made it to the minors and several that played in college. I simply got burnt out on playing ball after HS.

So...I see nothing wrong with my credentials. Some definitely have better, but that doesn't make my opinion any less valid. I didn't grow up in S. Florida and play ball at a powerhouse nor did I play in college, but I've been around the game enough to know when the skipper ain't getting it right...and, when it's on him to start pushing the team a little bit harder, to get them focused for bigtime moments/series like the ones we have coming up.

Sure, that was easy: "If he can steer them in that kind of direction, we'll be fine and may surprise some folks this week with a 3-1 or 4-0 showing. If he doesn't, we'll limp to 2-2 or 1-3. At this point, it's on him."

We're either going to go 3-1/4-0 or 2-2/1-3, and it's "on him". Can't make it any more clear.
Try again, doofus. The words "Jim Morris controls the series" (which was the exact strawman you expertly built up for me) were NOWHERE in what you quoted that I posted, and were never typed by me anywhere on any website ever in the history of mankind. You're trying to read what you want into what I wrote just so you can bytch about it.

I said it's "on him" to get these guys ready. That's what is "on him". I didn't say that he alone was going to do all the hitting, pitching, base running, and that if we don't beat FAU/F$U then it's his fault and his alone...which is what you chose to read into it and bytch about.

That being said--if we let down yet again as we have in the past few years, then the blame goes to him. That's part of being the head coach.

I didn't follow you from anywhere. Not my fault that the biggest idiot on both boards just happens to be you. A little league coach who thinks that Mike Leach is the real deal. Can't make that up. You're a cartoon character.
It's amazing how you automatically latched on to my leg in this thread without posting on any other baseball threads though, huh? LMAO...it's ******* transparent.

Feel free to disagree and discuss the subject(s) like an adult--that I could give you credit for. However--building up strawmen and name-calling because you're obsessed with me and my opinions just makes you look dumb.

No, you said it all. Coaches all over the country are waiting for your next gem now that you unveiled the strategy to tell the team that the next series is important. Minds are blown.
Again with the ducking/dodging. Do you have an actual opinion? Or are you going to continue just bytching about everyone else's?

Advertisement
However--building up strawmen and name-calling because you're obsessed with me and my opinions just makes you look dumb.

You lose all credibility, because the very first instance of name-calling came right here:

"Again, nice one, QueenOfStrawmen.

No, you dolt..."

Name-calling makes a person look dumb, right?

Again with the ducking/dodging. Do you have an actual opinion? Or are you going to continue just bytching about everyone else's?

An opinion on what? That the FSU series isn't "on him"?
Any baseball-related opinion, really--I'm just sick of you bytching about someone else's opinion. You're criticizing me for not saying anything groundbreaking, then...well, why not give us something of your own for us to agree/disagree with.

If you're scared, I understand. Because you said in this thread:

If that was sarcasm, and you actually do understand the game--then give us your take on it, join the conversation. If not, then it's probably best you walk away before you prove yourself to be ignorant of the subject.

However--building up strawmen and name-calling because you're obsessed with me and my opinions just makes you look dumb.

You lose all credibility, because the very first instance of name-calling came right here:

"Again, nice one, QueenOfStrawmen.

No, you dolt..."

Name-calling makes a person look dumb, right?
I modified your name to be a smartass, and called you a dolt because you're proving yourself out to be one. I'm just calling a QueenOfSpade a QueenOfSpade.

****, you're butthurt.

Advertisement
I modified your name to be a smartass, and called you a dolt because you're proving yourself out to be one. I'm just calling a QueenOfSpade a QueenOfSpade.

****, you're butthurt.

So your name-calling is just fine. Got it. Probably the lamest and most immature defense I've ever seen. Probably from hanging around with the 7-8 year old team down at the ball park.

What I have learned is a coach has no impact on a baseball game or team. The same clearly doesn't apply to football. Otherwise no one would care if the coach was Al Golden or Mike Leach or some ESPN TV analyst.

****, you're butthurt.

So your name-calling is just fine. Got it. Probably the lamest and most immature defense I've ever seen. Probably from hanging around with the 7-8 year old team down at the ball park.

Are you going to explain how Jim Morris has no impact on the games?

Advertisement

An opinion on what? That the FSU series isn't "on him"?
Any baseball-related opinion, really--I'm just sick of you bytching about someone else's opinion. You're criticizing me for not saying anything groundbreaking, then...well, why not give us something of your own for us to agree/disagree with.

If you're scared, I understand. Because you said in this thread:

If that was sarcasm, and you actually do understand the game--then give us your take on it, join the conversation. If not, then it's probably best you walk away before you prove yourself to be ignorant of the subject.

Actually I did, but you were too defensive to see it. Both coaches know that they have to have their kids prepared for this weekend. They are Hall of Fame coaches. But while their preparation has to be done, isn't going to win the series. They aren't going to out-prepare each other. At this point in the school calendar it is all about execution. The preparation that mattered happened in October and January. Pitchers have to nail their spots. Hitters have to have quality ABs. Infield has to catch and throw. There is not a new mental angle that has to be addressed this week.

One of the two is going to lose the series by default. The losing team isn't going to be unprepared. It might come down to errors or bad pitches at bad times, but it won't be because one of the coaches failed to tell the team how important the series is. Motivation is a non-factor this weekend.

What I have learned is a coach has no impact on a baseball game or team.
I'll disagree with you there, respectfully. Baseball coaches can put a fielder in the right position to make a play pre-pitch, just like football DC's can use formations to match up correctly. Baseball coaches can tell a hitter that he needs to watch out for an offspeed pitch on a 1-2 count because the pitcher has one to waste, and to lay off of it unless it's perfect...which I know sounds like common sense, but sometimes you've got to remind baseball players because patience can pay off in an at-bat, and they forget that in the heat of the moment sometimes. Righty-lefty matchups, timing your pinch hitters/runners correctly, etc...they have a major bearing on the game.

And that includes preparation and motivation. Drilling the guys in fielding practice so they cut down on errors, working curveballs in batting practice to hitters who are bad at hitting them, engendering an atmosphere of being loose/fun when you need to, and being strict/focus-driven when you need to...it's a delicate balance.

If your premise was right, we wouldn't need a staff at all. Just let the guys show up and play w/o any kind of preparation/planning, and we'd be horrible to watch.

I'll disagree with you there, respectfully. Baseball coaches can put a fielder in the right position to make a play pre-pitch, just like football DC's can use formations to match up correctly. Baseball coaches can tell a hitter that he needs to watch out for an offspeed pitch on a 1-2 count because the pitcher has one to waste, and to lay off of it unless it's perfect...which I know sounds like common sense, but sometimes you've got to remind baseball players because patience can pay off in an at-bat, and they forget that in the heat of the moment sometimes. Righty-lefty matchups, timing your pinch hitters/runners correctly, etc...they have a major bearing on the game.

And that includes preparation and motivation. Drilling the guys in fielding practice so they cut down on errors, working curveballs in batting practice to hitters who are bad at hitting them, engendering an atmosphere of being loose/fun when you need to, and being strict/focus-driven when you need to...it's a delicate balance.

If your premise was right, we wouldn't need a staff at all. Just let the guys show up and play w/o any kind of preparation/planning, and we'd be horrible to watch.

LMAO. Remind a guy that an offspeed pitch is coming on a 1-2 count? Awesome, except that's when the guy buzzes 92 on the inside corner. This isn't 12-under travel ball, man.

DVR the next SEC or ACC game on ESPNU and show me when a coach reminds a hitter that a curve ball might be coming.

Advertisement
Back