Canes bs Wolfpack 7pm RSN or ACCNX

Advertisement
Now we get the ACC pitcher of the year? Great.
They are safely in the tournament as a 2 seed somewhere but likely won't host as the best they can do this week is 1 - 1, so, I'd be surprised if he throws too many pitches. We'll need to make him work in the early innings.

They are safely in the tournament as a 2 seed somewhere but likely won't host as the best they can do this week is 1 - 1, so, I'd be surprised if he throws too many pitches. We'll need to make him work in the early innings.

They are on the bubble for a host spot. A win over Miami would look really good on their resume.

Villegas has been solid this year but if he's not 100% then maybe remove him from the 2-hole and insert Gutierrez or Garcia in the lineup.

Advertisement
Still can't stand our hitting approach. Letting great pitches go by and swinging at crap. Also, down three runs and looking at a close pitch with a 3-2 count. I get trying to get on base but you have a bat in your hand for a reason. There's no ******* way you can hit the ball if you don't swing.

Still can't stand our hitting approach. Letting great pitches go by and swinging at crap. Also, down three runs and looking at a close pitch with a 3-2 count. I get trying to get on base but you have a bat in your hand for a reason. There's no ******* way you can hit the ball if you don't swing.
Rinse and repeat for 15 years. Drives me mad. All non chalant on pitches down the **** but swing out of our shoes ones we get a strike or two on us. Makes no sense

They just got swept by WF this past weekend, and are having a very underwhelming year. They are not “hot”
They are in this tournament.

FYI, they beat WF in game 1 of the tournament after being swept last week. So, they are playing better and perhaps their best baseball of the season.

It doesn't make Gino a bad coach. However, I don't like his offensive philosophy and I wouldn't put Gutierrez in the outfield. He made a great effort on the ball that he got hurt on, but anyone else is probably at the wall before the ball comes. We saw the NC State RF make several diving catches killing potential rallies. We need athletes in the outfield that can stop rallies.

JD didn't call a good game either. The ball carries well to RF in that park. NC State had hitters that could drive the ball opposite field yet we kept pitching them outside. All the damage was done to RF so that's on JD with the exception of a couple of bad pitches that floated over the middle of the plate. Our pitchers can't get away with the mistakes they made in the regular season. Hitters are just too good. They just got their lesson. Hope they learn from it.

FYI, they beat WF in game 1 of the tournament after being swept last week. So, they are playing better and perhaps their best baseball of the season.

It doesn't make Gino a bad coach. However, I don't like his offensive philosophy and I wouldn't put Gutierrez in the outfield. He made a great effort on the ball that he got hurt on, but anyone else is probably at the wall before the ball comes. We saw the NC State RF make several diving catches killing potential rallies. We need athletes in the outfield that can stop rallies.

JD didn't call a good game either. The ball carries well to RF in that park. NC State had hitters that could drive the ball opposite field yet we kept pitching them outside. All the damage was done to RF so that's on JD with the exception of a couple of bad pitches that floated over the middle of the plate. Our pitchers can't get away with the mistakes they made in the regular season. Hitters are just too good. They just got their lesson. Hope they learn from it.
Sorry, but two games don't make you "hot" after getting swept five days ago.

Advertisement
It just kills me watching these guys taking fastballs for strikes and not swinging at curveballs in the strike zone with one strike. All the NC State pitcher was doing was throwing his curveball for strike 2 because our guys wouldn't swing. Great scouting for them.

If you get a curveball that's going to be strike 2 in a pitcher'scount, you might as well swing because you are not going get a better pitch in an 0-2, 1-2 count. By swinging it also allows you to have better timing on the next curveball that's coming.

We saw this all season. They take a lot of pitches. That works well when the pitcher doesn't throw strikes. When they do throw strikes, especially curveballs for strikes, we strike out a ton and don't put the ball in play like game 2 of the ND series.

What we have seen throughout the season was a different approach on Sundays especially in a series loss where the team is more aggressive and just trying to put the ball in play. Why they don't do that all the time is beyond me.

Sorry, but two games don't make you "hot" after getting swept five days ago.
They've hit well and have played arguably their best baseball in this tournament. They best the team thst swept them and us. Is that luck?

You trying argue semantics. They're 2-0 playing their best baseball. STFU!!!

They've hit well and have played arguably their best baseball in this tournament. They best the team thst swept them and us. Is that luck?

People are tired of you making excuses like "we're young" or "we ran into a hot team".

Do you still think Duke took Vandy to three games in a super regional because they won the ACC Tournament? :zczkqmritjdsoaq.jpg:

Advertisement
Advertisement
****, the way we’re playing we’ll be lucky to win our regional. DiMare is our Baseball Manny. Should have never been hired.
3a3b6fb9e775aa1a064a2671e7cb9c38167a19f8.gifv

Lmao playing 2 decent games doesn’t make you anything

Advertisement
Back