Canes bs Wolfpack 7pm RSN or ACCNX

Lmao playing 2 decent games doesn’t make you anything
No. Let's don't get it twisted. NC State got swept by WF. They came limping into the ACC tournament. They beat WF and carried that momentum into the UM game. They're playing their best baseball in the ACC tournament. They're a team catching fire and now wouldn't surprise me if they win the ACC tournament and make a run in the post season like last year where they lost to Duke in the Championship game. They made it all the way to Omaha and would have been in the Championship series, but were DQ'd because of Covid. That is why I said Miami got beat by a hot team. A team that has seized momentum in the ACC tournament.

I was one completely down on NC State after getting swept by WF. I even suggested pitching Garland against them before the tournament started. In hindsight, I was wrong. Gino did the right thing pitching Palmquist because it would have closed out our pool.

It doesn't change the fact that NC State played their best ball and we didn't. We're better than them, but they were better last night.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm going into today expecting an uphill battle. Rhett Lowder is disgusting, we'll have to earn every run against him. Their lineup rakes and Wake needs this game to probably solidify an NCAA postseason bid (right on the cusp as of now).

I think some of y'all are overreacting a bit regarding the state of the team, although it certainly is worrisome to see them limping down the stretch. I think having a team like UF in our regional would be beneficial to get those juices flowing - we'd smack them this time around imo once Sproat goes vs. the regional 3 seed (**** maybe 2 the way UF is finishing). They too are limping into the postseason.

I'm at the SEC tournament with some boys for a fun Memorial Day Weekend, first up is to see the Gator sodomized by Noland and the Razorbacks...but back to our guys - expecting a huge bounce-back from Palm in the regional. We'll be ready.

Last edited:
I'm going into today expecting an uphill battle. Rhett Lowder is disgusting, we'll have to earn every run against him. Their lineup rakes and Wake needs this game to probably solidify an NCAA postseason bid (right on the cusp as of now).

I think some of y'all are overreacting a bit regarding the state of the team, although it certainly is worrisome to see them limping down the stretch. I think having a team like UF in our regional would be beneficial to get those juices flowing - we'd smack them this time around imo once Sproat goes vs. the regional 3 seed (**** maybe 2 the way UF is finishing). They too are limping into the postseason.

I'm at the SEC tournament with some boys for a fun Memorial Day Weekend, first up is to see the Gator sodomized by Noland and the Razorbacks...but back to our guys - expecting a huge bounce-back from Palm in the regional. We'll be ready.
I feel like this post is full of inaccuracies.

Wake is a solid 2 seed and on the fringe of being a regional host.

UF won 10 of 11 coming into the SEC tournament so they are hot right now.

I personally expect us to lose today and look disinterested in doing so. But we have hit aces well this year.

I respect the optimism but when is the last time miami “smacked” UF. Certainly have to go past Sullivan to find that result. If Uf is in our regional I’m worried…. With that being said Sullivan hasn’t shown much over last few years in post season either so we have that going for us. Miami is playing bad baseball to finish 2nd half of season no sugar coating it. Beauty of the sport is it can change at any time. History isn’t on our side with that happening but we will see

Advertisement
I feel like this post is full of inaccuracies.

Wake is a solid 2 seed and on the fringe of being a regional host.

UF won 10 of 11 coming into the SEC tournament so they are hot right now.

I personally expect us to lose today and look disinterested in doing so. But we have hit aces well this year.
Nah you're wrong lol as am I.

They had won 4/6 heading into the SEC tourney and some more if you want to include Miss St...but you have to understand the quality of opponent. I should have rephrased my original statement - but beating SCar, Mizzou and Miss St is nothing to write home about - all bottom 4 in the SEC. Haven't played anyone worth a pulse since Tenn and Vandy, unless you want to count FSU's midweek. Run-ruled by A&M yesterday, probably drop another today in a revenge spot vs. Arkansas with Noland on the mound, who already shoved against him this year.

Wake did get bumped to a 2 but they're not hosting lol i'd put a ton of money on that. I was looking at older projections before their sweep vs. NC St, where they were a high 3 seed.

WF will be a great test and preparation for next week.

Looking at our current RPI of 10th, this feels like a must win game. Louisville, with their 2nd tournament loss, dropped to 17th in the RPI.

TamU could get a top 8 national seed if they keep winning. They were 19-11 in the SEC and won 8/10 conference series. They had some bad non conference losses such as a series loss to Penn. Otherwise, they'd already be a top 8 national seed.

Other teams that could get a top 8 seed are Southern Miss, and ND if they end up tournament champions.

A win today against WF would lock up a top 8 seed in my opinion. Lose and I think we're out of the top 8.

Last edited:
I respect the optimism but when is the last time miami “smacked” UF. Certainly have to go past Sullivan to find that result. If Uf is in our regional I’m worried…. With that being said Sullivan hasn’t shown much over last few years in post season either so we have that going for us. Miami is playing bad baseball to finish 2nd half of season no sugar coating it. Beauty of the sport is it can change at any time. History isn’t on our side with that happening but we will see
With Barco hurt, that's a significant arm that can't be replaced. Sproat is good but he should pitch vs. their 2 or 3 seed, depending on UF's final placement. Smack is more of a homer term, but I expect to beat them facing their de-facto #3 with Palm going (assuming we win G1).

Definitely feels like today is a must win. New D1 baseball field of 64 projections dropped Miami 2 spots down to the 7th overall seed. Lville after going 0-2 has now dropped out of the top 8 by a good bit in the projection...

Advertisement
With Barco hurt, that's a significant arm that can't be replaced. Sproat is good but he should pitch vs. their 2 or 3 seed, depending on UF's final placement. Smack is more of a homer term, but I expect to beat them facing their de-facto #3 with Palm going (assuming we win G1).
Is Barco gonna miss the regionals? I haven’t heard anything about him since they shut him down a couple of weeks ago.

Advertisement
Back