Canes bs UVA - Game 2 - 7pm, ACCNX

Advertisement
Advertisement
UVA message board is not handling it well.

"Man, I hate that team. Classless douchebags."
To be fair, that was like 1-2 guys on their message board. I'm not going to hate on them.

Sure they were upset their team didn't win. However, I'd say 95% of them were complementary about our pitching staff and team.

A very educated fanbase saying we had a dominant pitching staff that is better than theirs. They even had posters defending us when some said we got lucky, others said, "NO. They hit 6 HRs in two games to our (UVA) 0. That's the difference."

So, the top two ACC teams going at it this weekend. Both having passionate intelligent fan bases. I'll just leave it at that.

the guys that like to pull receipts on this board will tell me I was on the fire L and Dimare train. I absolutely was. Obviously L and staff proved me completely wrong this year. Dimare is doing the same. The season isn’t even close to being over but the fact that tonight I saw this team take it on the chin for a couple of innings tonight only to show resiliency and pull off a gutsy win against a top 5 team with clutch hitting and mental lapse free baseball is a testament to the squad we have this year. They have completely proved me wrong through 30 games. We’re the hottest team in the country playing great baseball in every faze of the game. I hope it continues because I’m starting to believe this team is special

Great win. Great series win. Let’s stay focused and get a MONSTROUS SWEEP tomorrow

Ligon proved how special he really is tonight

Last edited:
A pivotal point in the game last night, to me, was the bottom of the 4th inning. Virginia had just landed their first big punch of the weekend with a 4 run top of the inning. Miami looked staggered. Ligon looked like he was a freshman for the first time all season. Levenson coming through with that monstrous shot off the scoreboard in the bottom of the 4th stopped the momentum UVA had and also showed them that not only can we take their punch but we can stand toe to toe and throw some right back. Awesome weekend so far and let’s break out the Sunday brooms again!

Last edited:
Advertisement
the guys that like to pull receipts on this board will tell me I was on the fire L and Dimare train. I absolutely was. Obviously L and staff proved me completely wrong this year. Dimare is doing the same. The season isn’t even close to being over but the fact that tonight I saw this team take it on the chin for a couple of innings tonight only to show resiliency and pull off a gutsy win against a top 5 team with clutch hitting and mental lapse free baseball is a testament to the squad we have this year. They have completely proved me wrong through 30 games. We’re the hottest team in the country playing great baseball in every faze of the game. I hope it continues because I’m starting to believe this team is special

Great win. Great series win. Let’s stay focused and get a MONSTROUS SWEEP tomorrow

Ligon proved how special he really is tonight
Rad is a genius! LoL

Last edited:
A pivotal point in the game last night, to me, was the bottom of the 4th inning. Virginia had just landed their first big punch of the weekend with a 4 run top of the inning. Miami looked staggered. Ligon looked like he was a freshman for the first time all season. Levenson coming through with that monstrous shot off the scoreboard in the bottom of the 4th stopped the momentum UVA had and also showed them that not only can we take their punch but we can stand toe to toe and throw some right back. Awesome weekend so far and let’s break out the Sunday brooms again!
I think that 4th inning was good for Ligon. He hadn't been in that position all season. I'm sure it was a shock to him. This wasn't his best outing, but he gave all he had last night. His teammates picked him up and we got the win.

This will make him stronger and more confident knowing he doesn't have to be perfect. He'll be able to calm himself when things start going wrong.

Last night's win is going to give the entire team so much more confidence that they can beat anyone. Our pitching staff has been the biggest improvement and is the strength of the team. Our guys are looking more comfortable at the plate. The hitting has improved where we are showing much more power as a team with several players hitting homeruns not just a couple.

The team has really come together. I think they will continue to improve.

Advertisement
I think that 4th inning was good for Ligon. He hadn't been in that position all season. I'm sure it was a shock to him. This wasn't his best outing, but he gave all he had last night. His teammates picked him up and we got the win.

This will make him stronger and more confident knowing he doesn't have to be perfect. He'll be able to calm himself when things start going wrong.

Last night's win is going to give the entire team so much more confidence that they can beat anyone. Our pitching staff has been the biggest improvement and is the strength of the team. Our guys are looking more comfortable at the plate. The hitting has improved where we are showing much more power as a team with several players hitting homeruns not just a couple.

The team has really come together. I think they will continue to improve.
Agree with all of it. Only thing I wish I’d see more of is better situational hitting. Being able to hit the long ball is great. You need that. But there were opportunities in at least 3 innings last night to score runs if we only did the simple thing to advance a runner. Obviously nitpicking considering the win streak but there will come a time where leaving those runs out on the field will come back to bite us

Advertisement
Back