Canes bs Turkeys - Game 2 - 7pm, ACCNX

Apparently there is replay. I hope they have alternate cameras independent of the broadcast.

Advertisement
we-suck-again-oh-no.gif

Advertisement
seems we r just a football school again. at least thru tomorrow. Maybe we can Spring back next week.
(Bethune-Cookman WATCH OUT!!)

We've built up enough equity that we're not going to blow a national seed in one weekend. That being said, it's a red flag that we're not even competitive in the first two games of the series.
And it’s a strong enough opponent on the road to have virtually no RPI effect if you win tomorrow and minimal enough even if you don’t.

On the other hand, it’s raising the question of whether the strong pitching during the winning streak was just a mirage. Are we the poor side of average staff from the first 5-6 weeks, the excellent one from the last two weeks, or an inconsistent one in between?

Virginia Tech hitting is insane. They are improving on their average runs per game during their streak. Was at 10.5. A little jealous.

Advertisement
The formula for this team to win is fairly simple: decent enough pitching coupled with an offense that puts up at least four or five runs most nights.

Dubberly with more two out trouble in the 8th. It’s now 13-2 heading to the 9th.

And it’s a strong enough opponent on the road to have virtually no RPI effect if you win tomorrow and minimal enough even if you don’t.

On the other hand, it’s raising the question of whether the strong pitching during the winning streak was just a mirage. Are we the poor side of average staff from the first 5-6 weeks, the excellent one from the last two weeks, or an inconsistent one in between?

I'm worried that we're going to find out that UNC and UVA weren't as good as we thought they were.

Advertisement
Wow. Notre Dame dropped another to Duke in extras.
And Louisville is about to drop the first two to FSU, Pitt beat UVA today, and Wake lost too.

So if there is a positive from this weekend, we’re really not losing any of our distance on the rest of the top contenders, would be nice to at least salvage a win tomorrow and then regroup for next weekend.

Advertisement
And Louisville is about to drop the first two to FSU, Pitt beat UVA today in game 1.

So if there is a positive from this weekend, we’re really not losing any ground on the rest of the top contenders, would be nice to at least salvage a win tomorrow and then regroup for next weekend.

All true. I'm just concerned that the ACC stinks and we're all going to be exposed in the post-season.

And Louisville is about to drop the first two to FSU, Pitt beat UVA today in game 1.

So if there is a positive from this weekend, we’re really not losing any ground on the rest of the top contenders, would be nice to at least salvage a win tomorrow and then regroup for next weekend.
Big massive if at this point, but we’d likely move ahead of the Irish in the RPI tomorrow if both teams win thanks to Duke’s status as RPI poison.

I'm worried that we're going to find out that UNC and UVA weren't as good as we thought they were.
I’ve seen Carolina play in person 6 times this year and they aren’t a top 25 team. Can’t say the same about UVA. I would guess they go when there pitching goes similar to us. I just don’t think they have a high of a ceiling as Miami.

Last edited:
All true. I'm just concerned that the ACC stinks and we're all going to be exposed in the post-season.
On paper it seems like the deepest league in the country, but I think there’s also a lack of really dominant starting pitching, that’s why all the analysts like FSU so much, they CAN be dominant like they have been so for this weekend.

Advertisement
Back