Canes bs Pitt - Game 3 - Noon ACCN

Advertisement
Currently 17th on Warren Nolan.
Better bump than it was indicating right after the game. I can’t get it to load on Wi-Fi or mobile at the moment.

Edit: I’m in. I’m seeing 18th plus Connecticut dropped and plummeted. It may move around a lot this afternoon with almost no distance between 16th and 22nd.

Advertisement
Seems like the GT win gave us a nice bump in RPI.

Win the Duke series and just finish in top 20 and we should host.
Seems reasonable. Difference yesterday makes is that we may need to grab one at the ACC Tourney to solidify in the top 20 vs going in with absolutely no worries. That might be good for us from a certain perspective. Wouldn’t mind ND grabbing one from BC and leaving them at just 16-14.

No way of knowing when the schedule was made, but 3x Dartmouth’s record (3-38) into the formula has to be a massive drag.

Last edited:
Seems reasonable. Difference yesterday makes is that we may need to grab one at the ACC Tourney to solidify in the top 20 vs going in with absolutely no worries. That might be good for us from a certain perspective. Wouldn’t mind ND grabbing one from BC and leaving them at just 16-14.

No way of knowing when the schedule was made, but 3x Dartmouth’s record (3-38) into the formula has to be a massive drag.
Holy crap that’s absurd.

Advertisement
Virginia swept UL so they are now leading the Coastal, we may need GT’s help again next weekend or we will lose the tiebreaker for the #2 seed.

Virginia swept UL so they are now leading the Coastal, we may need GT’s help again next weekend or we will lose the tiebreaker for the #2 seed.
The goal is to be the 2 or 3. Sure the 4 seed is fine, but getting to semis against (probably) WF, isn’t great. Would basically be WF offense against anybody but Ziehl. Recipe for disaster. Need to avoid them and try to sneak past whoever else in the semis and play Wake for the ship. I think that guarantees a host spot.

I see a lot of assuming that’s already locked up, barring a disastrous week, but I don’t see it. There will be 1 or 2 teams that would get picked ahead of us bc of location (WVU being a candidate for that). WF, Clemson, UVA, Duke and BC are all ahead in RPI. UVA is the only one right now I believe Miami gets a spot over. Add Duke to that if Miami wins the series convincingly. Both could change if they play well in the ACCT and Miami doesn’t. BC has the location thing going for them. IMO they are a series win next weekend, and one win in the ACCT away from locking a host spot down. The ACC isn’t getting 5 hosts. So at least two are gonna be left out.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I like our chances better to sweep being at home. We’re just a different ball club at the Light.
Caveat to that is that Rosario has been Rosario pretty much everywhere this year.

If Ligon’s available you can work around Rosario better. It’s not a coincidence that we started losing virtually every Rosario start when Ligon went out.

Man…3-38.
That’s very, very difficult to do.

Advertisement
Great win today. Leq and Walters were clutch, Cyr w a big game, the bench came through and the defense continues to shine. Let's go 3 - 1 or 4 - 0 and let the chips fall where they may.

Continue to play well, sans Rosario starts, and I will be happy going into post-season.

Yoyo’s batting average is now .402. His OBP also leads the team at .471. CJ leads the team in both categories during ACC play at .371 and .479 respectively.

Advertisement
Back