Canes bs Pitt - Game 1 - 7pm, ACCNX

Again, this is a game we needed to win and we did!!!

Past years I don’t know that we would have pulled this off???

So proud of this extremely young team, they are a big difference from last year!!!

Let’s go Canes!!!
First conference team to 30 wins, maintained a 4 game lead in the Corstal, 15-4 (!!!) in conference.

Nothing but good feelings.

Wild that we are so far ahead on the loss column. Louisville is the next closest with 5 Ls, but they also have 5 less wins. Did they miss a conference series or something?

Advertisement
First conference team to 30 wins, maintained a 4 game lead in the Corstal, 15-4 (!!!) in conference.

Nothing but good feelings.

Wild that we are so far ahead on the loss column. Louisville is the next closest with 5 Ls, but they also have 5 less wins. Did they miss a conference series or something?
Louisville and Clemson played their 4th OOC series the weekend everyone else opened conference play.

Louisville and Clemson played their 4th OOC series the weekend everyone else opened conference play.
Weird. So what’s the endgame? They play an extra weekend at seasons end or something? Do they have space for that?

Weird. So what’s the endgame? They play an extra weekend at seasons end or something? Do they have space for that?
Everyone else has an OOC weekend left, spread out over the next few weeks during finals (ours is in two weeks against North Dakota State), while they play each other instead.

Everyone else has an OOC weekend left, spread out over the next few weeks during finals (ours is in two weeks against North Dakota State), while they play each other instead.
Riiight, I was just looking at the sked yesterday and completely forgot about that. Thanks.

Advertisement
I questioned the 2 inning save from the jump. My gut feeling was right. Ziehl was dynamite, why bring in walters in 8th?
See Robbie Morrison against LSU in 96. Morris did the same crap. Two inning save attempt and we all know the result. Leave Ziehl in, Jesus, now Walters is most likely out tonight, hope not but Ziehl was bringin it. Leave him in, SMDH.

Semper Canes!!!

See Robbie Morrison against LSU in 96. Morris did the same crap. Two inning save attempt and we all know the result. Leave Ziehl in, Jesus, now Walters is most likely out tonight, hope not but Ziehl was bringin it. Leave him in, SMDH.

Semper Canes!!!

**** straight.

but the thing that was worse that game, and in my view, cost us the natty, was morris did not use a rested and ready clint weibl in middle relief and setup for morrison.

morrison should have just been out there for 3 outs in the 9th.

weibl was kept on the bench. he was an excellent starting pitcher and when arteaga started to struggle in. this middle innings, he could have easily ptiched 2 or 3 frames to shut them down and get us to morrison for the final 3 outs. weibl goes out in the 6th inning, the game never gets that close.

to me, that was the worst coaching decision in UM history after gary stevens not handing the ball off to alonzo on 3rd and goal from the 4 in the 1987 fiesta bowl.

but i digress .....

Advertisement
**** straight.

but the thing that was worse that game, and in my view, cost us the natty, was morris did not use a rested and ready clint weibl in middle relief and setup for morrison.

weibl was kept on the bench. he was an excellent starting pitcher and when arteaga started to struggle in. this middle innings, he could have easily ptiched 2 or 3 frames to shut them down and get us to morrison for the final 3 outs. weibl goes out in the 6th inning, the game never gets that close.

to me, that was the worst coaching decision in UM history after gary stevens not handing the ball off to alonzo on 3rd and goal from the 4 in the 1987 fiesta bowl.

but i digress .....
We also had Allen Westfall in the pen who setup Morrison all year. No clue why Jim asked Morrison to get so many outs. Hadn’t done that all season.

**** straight.

but i digress .....
Alonzo would not have been denied…🤢

We also had Allen Westfall in the pen who setup Morrison all year. No clue why Jim asked Morrison to get so many outs. Hadn’t done that all season.
great point. morris had as good a set of options as you could dream of in a national championship game. he screwed it up like he was trying to.

i'll never forgive him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back