Canes bs Owls - 6:30 pm - Strim Link in Thread

Advertisement
Seeing Dario trip over the sprinkler in CF was it for me.

Move Edgardo to CF and Farrow to LF. End this madness.
No way!!! Villegas doesn't run well enough for CF. I'd like to see Long get more playing time. He's had a couple of hits in his few ABs this year.

I'd put Long in CF and Farrow in LF. Villegas has limited range. His bat has been pretty good this year, but I don't like his swing. He take too big of a swing for a small guy. Last year he struck out nearly 1/3 of his ABs.

Last edited:
Advertisement
That's what I was going to say, but you posted already. I picked up on it during the game when Kayfus came to the plate and the announcer said 256 BA. He's dropped even further after this game.
Time to end the experiment with CJ at 3/4 in the lineup. I liked it in theory, but in practice it’s not working and we really need CJ to be CJ again.

Farrow in LF doesn’t give me the warm fuzzies either
He's hitting well. So, either leave him at DH or put him in LF if someone else emerges at DH. I just think he'll be a more consistent hitter than Villegas. To be fare, Villegas hasn't done anything wrong this year warranting replacement.

Advertisement
Farrow in LF doesn’t give me the warm fuzzies either
Time to end the experiment with CJ at 3/4 in the lineup. I liked it in theory, but in practice it’s not working and we really need CJ to be CJ again.
I don't think it's an issue of where he's batting in the lineup. If he were leading off, we'd be saying he should move down to 7-9 because he isn't hitting right now.

So, I don't think it matters where you put him. He just needs to get on track and back to his game of high quality ABs.

Lmao Go Owls!!! 🦉🦉🦉. I was at the game supporting Bocas best lol. Miami, again, is gonna continue its tradition of underachieving. It's actually really simple just pitch around Yoyo n Miamis offense is stagnant as ****. FAU outplayed Miami n if it wasn't for the catcher getting hurt FAU would have won by more runs. The back up catcher allowed 2 or 3 pass balls with runners on n the left fielder dropped a catchable ball. Score should have prob been 6-3.

I've said it for years now Dimare needs to go.

Advertisement
plus there is this something called toughness and will to win. Too many times the other guys seem tougher and to want it more.

If we truly are just going to sit around and wait for 3 run bombs just say F defense and baserunning all together and put all the biggest bats in the line up.

Just be aware with this pitching staff we are probably going to be in a lot of 8-7 type games if we go that route. I know there are a lot of stat padding games early in the year but look around the ACC and there are some big numbers getting put up and against teams better than Dartmouth, Indiana State and PSU

Typically pitching is ahead of hitting but that doesnt seem to be true as much this year. I was concerned with this staff before a pitch was even thrown and they havent done anything to calm that concern. If anything I even have some doubt creeping in on Walters now. But he just watched his bro get hurt, he came back to improve his stock, and he is "old" by draft standards. I just hope that isnt making him pitch scared and lose his edge. He has thrown a few pretty good breaking balls.

These next 3 weekends UF, NC State and Va Tech will likely show us how our season will go. UF is very good, NC State can hit, and Va Tech is just a solid blue collar team that play all 3 phases really well.

No reason why CJ was ever moved from last year.
Agreed. Lead off is too important to just shuffle for the sake of it. Especially when we haven’t been able to manufacture runs without the long ball for 15+ years.

As @scane laid Out:

Kayfus
Villegas
Yo-yo
Levenson
Farrow
Cyr
Perez
Long/Gomez
Pitelli

Advertisement
Agreed. Lead off is too important to just shuffle for the sake of it. Especially when we haven’t been able to manufacture runs without the long ball for 15+ years.

As @scane laid Out:

Kayfus
Villegas
Yo-yo
Levenson
Farrow
Cyr
Perez
Long/Gomez
Pitelli
I think your leadoff spot is the most important spot in the lineup. Not many people can do it. I’ve also been trying to figure out why Yo-yo got moved to 4th. If Levenson is protecting him either way, why give him less at bats over the course of the season?

Gino really just picks names out of a hat until he comes out with a lineup that works.

Someday I hope we strike gold and get an Enrique Bradfield type.

Can drive the ball but also knows if he puts it on the ground he can beat it out, Singles turn into doubles, He covers so much in CF you can have average LF/RF and still be fine. On top of it he has a super high IQ. Not just speed with no clue.

Maybe that Santana kid coming in next year could fill that role but at SS.

And Gomez never walks - 2 in 40 ABs! Even if he was hitting .300, that's unacceptable for a lead-off hitter.

Gino over-thinks this stuff too much IMO. Had CJ been leading off, he would have had the chance to tie the game last night vs. Gomez against their RH closer.

And Gomez never walks - 2 in 40 ABs! Even if he was hitting .300, that's unacceptable for a lead-off hitter.

Gino over-thinks this stuff too much IMO. Had CJ been leading off, he would have had the chance to tie the game last night vs. Gomez against their RH closer.
He didn’t walk at Nevada either, so we can chalk that up as something that definitely won’t change.

Advertisement
Back