Canes bs Owls - 6:30 pm - Strim Link in Thread

Advertisement
Positive notes: Farrow had a day and Scinta looks like a viable part of the staff going forward. Poor approach at the plate and some questionable lineup moves were the negatives.

Advertisement
I still don’t know what to expect from this team and still willing to give it 2-3 conference weekends before we really know and not jump to conclusions.

But as a fan I’d expect the worst this weekend. That way any win is just a bonus.
Extreme optimism: Take two out of three. Betting? We win Ligon’s start only.

My lineup for this weekend:
Kayfus
Villegas
Yoyo
Levenson
Farrow
Cyr
Perez
Pitelli
Gomez or Long

Why in the world did we not bunt Pitelli with him facing a lefty
Gino did the same thing or I should say didn't do earlier in the game with a runner at 2nd and no outs and it cost us a run as well when Pitelli hit a weak popup. You have a lefty v lefty match up with a guy not hitting well who also strikes out a lot.

I don't understand that man's thought process.

Advertisement
Extreme optimism: Take two out of three. Betting? We win Ligon’s start only.
I unfortunately think this is best case scenario. If Ziehl goes out on Friday hopefully he has a quality start and doesn’t max out our pen.

So positive vibes. Hopefully seeing UF across the Diamond brings out the best in this squad

I’ve got a great feel for the pulse of the program like most do on here:

0-4 week is on the way IMO
I have to agree. This team does not execute the details of the game well. We live on the HR, but can't put the ball in play when required.

The pitching has been ok, but not great.

I see too many holes that will get exposed against better teams. The Gators are 4th nationally in HR's behind Miami, but are also #3 nationally in doubles.

This may be their toughest test all year. The good thing is we'll know exactly where they stand after this weekend.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not sure how to feel about Scanlon having a higher OBP than Gomez sheerly on HBP

Blind statistics
Player A .235 BA 2 HR 5 RBI 3K/5BB .850 OPS .350 OBP
Player B .226 BA 2 HR 6 RBI 8K/6BB .852 OPS .386 OBP

Advertisement
I unfortunately think this is best case scenario. If Ziehl goes out on Friday hopefully he has a quality start and doesn’t max out our pen.

So positive vibes. Hopefully seeing UF across the Diamond brings out the best in this squad
I watched Florida's Friday game. Their Friday starter Brandon Sproat throws 97 without effort and that's no exaggeration. He was drafted in the 3rd round last year by the Mets, yet came back to school. Crazy!!!

I'm not optimistic about Friday.

Put Cyr at SS and Dorian at 2nd. Unconventional but I like bold moves.
giphy.gif

Advertisement
Back