Canes bs NDSYouths - Game 2 - 6pm, ACCNX

Advertisement
Seriously. It’s been almost two seasons now and we all know he’s not good. I don’t know why people think he’s going to miraculously turn into Walters and shut out Tennessee in the CWS. He’ll probably do well tomorrow because it’s NDSU and regress to the mean against FSU and ND.

He has not had a good career here so far, but he has the ability to be good. Maybe not this year consistently, but writing him off? Nah.

Comments like yours are basically applying a football mindset to pitching, and it doesn't work. Van Belle struggled vs Juco hitters, Gallo was a guy posters trashed DiMare for taking because of his ERA at FGCU, I could go on. Pitchers have so much variability that I would never write a guy off with Rosario's arm talent (even if I'd rather see him out of the bullpen this year)

Also Rosario allowed a combined total of 5R in 3 starts vs UVa, VT, and GT - 3 top-10 hitting teams nationally. Then he struggled vs teams like Harvard, Towson, and Pitt.

So probably more likely ND St hits him hard then he shuts down Notre Dame in a couple weeks. It's been a really odd, mostly bad year for him

Advertisement
Some interesting things from looking at the stat sheet:
-14 guys (excluding Carrier) with 34 or more at bats, and 13 of those 14 are batting at least .240
-11 players (again excluding Carrier) have double digit starts
-6 guys with 30 or more RBIs. 4 of those 6 have more than 40, and none of those four are Yoyo (39)
-We have 4 players with 8 or 9 HRs, and 7 with at least 5
-Team BA is up to a season high .296
-Runs per game is back up above 8, and that average has really been remarkably consistent between about 7.5 and 8.1 runs all season

Dorian’s injury and the musical chairs at RF/DH have created an interesting flexibility where a lot of guys have gotten a decent number of ABs, and had at least modest success. I could make a reasonable case that Levenson, Garcia, Gutierrez, Rosario, and Renzo are all playing well enough to earn more playing time at the moment. If nothing else, you’ve got a lot of young guys who’ve gotten experience heading into next season.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back