Canes bs NDSYouths - Game 1 - ACCNX

Advertisement
Nice
Define it
I truly don't know what the easiest path is for this year's club. Im not suggesting the team look for the easiest route! Im just saying we don't always have to do things the hard way. This is more theoretical for me since I haven't followed canes baseball like I use to. Everyone in Omaha either has a **** of a team or got hot at the right time. This is going to date me a little, but any chance you recall the year Fresno State won it all? I think we were the number 1 seed overall. I think Arizona got sent to our regional and beat us maybe game 1 and we had to dig deep to advance.

That would be an example of, sure would have been nice not to do things the hard way. Btw I respect your perspective here. Anyplace anyone anytime . . . thats what you mean right? I don't want it to be the hard way for the sake of it being the hard way!

I truly don't know what the easiest path is for this year's club. Im not suggesting the team look for the easiest route! Im just saying we don't always have to do things the hard way. This is more theoretical for me since I haven't followed canes baseball like I use to. Everyone in Omaha either has a **** of a team or got hot at the right time. This is going to date me a little, but any chance you recall the year Fresno State won it all? I think we were the number 1 seed overall. I think Arizona got sent to our regional and beat us maybe game 1 and we had to dig deep to advance.

That would be an example of, sure would have been nice not to do things the hard way. Btw I respect your perspective here. Anyplace anyone anytime . . . thats what you mean right? I don't want it to be the hard way for the sake of it being the hard way!
Win

I do remember the Fresno season by the way, I was camping with my family and we went to the closest restaurant to watch Gordan Beckham and UGA beat us in the 1st game in Omaha, and eventually eliminate us..but it was good to eliminate FSU that year!

The easiest path is to win..not rely on someone else.
This is a great motto, and I agree, but this isn't football where we just play single games with a chance to win the division/conference.

We have 6 conference games left, 3 on the road and all against pretty decent teams. It's hard to get sweeps in the ACC and especially on the road, so why wouldn't we want some extra wiggle room in case we drop a game or two?

VT finishes with a bad Duke team at home, so it's not likely they drop any of those games, so yes I'm hoping they can lose some games to Louisville, as they (UL) still play both VT and UVA to finish and will likely drop a couple games.

The goal in baseball is to get your home regional and super regional, and that's the easiest path to Omaha. Anything that helps us get that advantage is good.

Winning the ACC, no matter how we get there, probably guarantees us the 2-3 seed.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This is a great motto, and I agree, but this isn't football where we just play single games with a chance to win the division/conference.

We have 6 conference games left, 3 on the road and all against pretty decent teams. It's hard to get sweeps in the ACC and especially on the road, so why wouldn't we want some extra wiggle room in case we drop a game or two?

VT finishes with a bad Duke team at home, so it's not likely they drop any of those games, so yes I'm hoping they can lose some games to Louisville, as they (UL) still play both VT and UVA to finish and will likely drop a couple games.

The goal in baseball is to get your home regional and super regional, and that's the easiest path to Omaha. Anything that helps us get that advantage is good.

Winning the ACC, no matter how we get there, probably guarantees us the 2-3 seed.
Lol, whatever you say.

Either way don't over complicate

Just win

Advertisement
Back