Canes bs Long Island - Game 3 - 1pm ACCNX (2/25 Game 8)

It’s the hitting for me. If we really are as bad as we looked Wed-Sat nothing else matters. You just aren’t going to win many college baseball games scoring two or three runs a game.
I thought after week 1 Fenster Da Gaww had gotten us over the "2 for 16 with runners in scoring position" hump - though it appears there's still work to be done.

Advertisement
I thought after week 1 Fenster Da Gaww had gotten us over the "2 for 16 with runners in scoring position" hump - though it appears there's still work to be done.
We looked like such a well oiled machine until a decent team went to the bullpen, and then they reverted right back to Gino/Norberto ball.

We looked like such a well oiled machine until a decent team went to the bullpen, and then they reverted right back to Gino/Norberto ball.
At least we can point to Cyr missing from the lineup, and the team may have been a little distracted emotionally in his absence. For the immediate future we can be excited about Cyr and Cuvet potentially being the best duo here since Thompson/Collins.

No idea when he'll return but from an outsiders perspective, a swift return to the team and to the routine of school/practice/games/travel may be helpful as he continues to grieve.

And Jacoby, unfortunately, fell victim to it as well. He got the start Sat and seemed like he was swinging from his heels.

Go to your strengths - put the ball in play, lay down a bunt, etc. and use your wheels. It isn't rocket science.

And Jacoby, unfortunately, fell victim to it as well. He got the start Sat and seemed like he was swinging from his heels.

Go to your strengths - put the ball in play, lay down a bunt, etc. and use your wheels. It isn't rocket science.
I’m very interested to see if they stick with Gaby and Kulikowski over Jacoby and Carrier on Wednesday.

Advertisement
They should, Jacoby really costed us on Saturday
Go with Kulikowski and let him go through the growing pains.Long term it will benefit the team. Gabby and Long are fine as pinch hitter or defensive replacement.
Carrier is a liability in the field and only an option at DH.

Didn’t Jacoby miss most of winter? I don’t really understand writing him off already when he’s our only plus athlete on the team. We as a fanbase have gotten accustomed to having unathletic sloppy teams. We already have proven through 7 games we struggle to put pressure on defenses taking Jacoby out of lineup likely only increases that

Last edited:
In addition to Blake and Cuvet, I'm excited about Torres and what he brings to the line-up. He has done very well at first through the first 7 games, and I like his approach at the plate (with the exception of a couple inexplicable at bats). Remember he is only a sophomore, so I expect more progress with good development.

Advertisement
In addition to Blake and Cuvet, I'm excited about Torres and what he brings to the line-up. He has done very well at first through the first 7 games, and I like his approach at the plate (with the exception of a couple inexplicable at bats). Remember he is only a sophomore, so I expect more progress with good development.
Only a sophomore with limited at bats last year.
1.Villegas
2.Cyr
3.Cuvet
4.Torres

I like this lineup....

Didn’t Jacoby miss most of winter? I don’t really understand writing him off already when he’s our only plus athlete on the team. We as a fanbase have gotten accustomed to having unathletic sloppy teams. We already have proven through 7 games we struggle to put pressure on defenses taking Jacoby out of lineup likely only increases that
Fair point. It just seems that when he gets starts, he tries to do too much offensively.

Advertisement
Back