Canes bs Gata - Winner Take All - Nooner, $ECN

Not enough is being said about losing a pitcher every other week to a blown elbow, and dammit I want something done.

Advertisement
Eh, you have to extend coaches for recruiting optics. If you have your coach dangling in the wind, you're only shooting yourself in the foot. They can have 100 year contracts publicly, but the only thing that matters is the buyout language, which no one is privy to.

I wouldn't even be that surprised if UM and Gino have a mutual zero buyout. Where either side can walk. Gino isn't coaching for the money, and why would he play contractual hardball with the U, the only job in the world he really wants, with his lefthand while with his right hand his family is giving the university millions. ****, the man could be working for $100k for all we know, whatever is best for taxes.

I highly doubt Gino will ever be "fired" publicly, nor should he. If they decide he needs to go, he will go peacefully IMO as whatever is best for the U, and it will be negotiated and framed as a non-confrontational moment where's he's stepping down to take more responsibility with the family fortunes/biz or something to save face.

Why shouldn't Gino be fired publicly exactly? He sucks at his job and should have never been hired to begin with. I'm assuming you're basing this off of his family donating to the school. One of the many reasons he shouldn't have been hired, because that added another non performance based conflict into the equation. Another disastrous decision by the troll and her cuck hand chosen AD.

Wut? Lol.

I never defended him for a second or said that he should or shouldn't be fired. We're not even talking about that anyway. In fact, the only opinion I've offered is one where I criticized him.

I'm explaining that his "extension" last might not have tied UM's hands as far it comes to firing him at all BECAUSE THE BUYOUT LANGUAGE IS ALL THAT MATTERS.

I wasn't saying you had an opinion on should or shouldn't. I was saying why couldn't he be fired publicly. He certainly deserves it.

From your comment, I take it Scinta is now sidelined as well as B Walters?
Oh I don't have any inside info. But a few hours from now if he's the 4th pitcher dressed in uniform sporting a full-length arm brace we'll know what's up.

Advertisement
I wasn't saying you had an opinion on should or shouldn't. I was saying why couldn't he be fired publicly. He certainly deserves it.
Never mind Crippled Development. He doesn’t actually watch UM games. He just reads the comments here and cobbles posts together like some retarded AI program in the hopes someone will buy his pretender BS 😂

As opposed to... fired privately? :) Huh?

I have no idea what you are asking tbh, and even less of an idea why you are asking it as a response to my post!

If you think Gino should be fired and we need new blood, congrats, we're pretty full but we can try to squeeze you into the 10pm seating.

I was responding to the last part of your message

"I highly doubt Gino will ever be "fired" publicly, nor should he. If they decide he needs to go, he will go peacefully IMO as whatever is best for the U, and it will be negotiated and framed as a non-confrontational moment where's he's stepping down to take more responsibility with the family fortunes/biz or something to save face."

Obviously Gino feels like he can do the job as he would not have applied for it to begin with and still be here. However, let's be honest he wouldn't have gotten the job if it wasn't for his last name. If Gino was interested in whatever is best for the U he would have stepped aside and let Miami get a decent skipper since he was part of Morris's failed regime.

Ah I see what you mean. My bad. Yes, as an ex-player, graduate, and the now patriarch of one of the biggest UM athletic donor families of all time, he will not be fired publicly, nor should he be. There is no reason to embarrass him and it would be idiotic business to alienate him. Rad and him will sit down, Rad will tell him it's over, and they will craft his exit. I wouldn't be surprised if he is "elevated" to the BOT, where he will continue to feel compelled to support the U financially indefinitely.

As for criticizing him for not firing himself already... lol. Not wasting my time responding to that nonsense. No ROI.

Thank you for the clarification and get what your saying. I'm more critical of UM and that troll you defend on occasion for ruining baseball like she did all the other sports programs with her ****** decisions. We should have never been put into the situation that DiMare was the baseball coach to begin with. Thus there wouldn't be a need to spare his feelings and let him frame his exit because he sucks as a baseball coach.

Thank you for the clarification and get what your saying. I'm more critical of UM and that troll you defend on occasion for ruining baseball like she did all the other sports programs with her ****** decisions. We should have never been put into the situation that DiMare was the baseball coach to begin with. Thus there wouldn't be a need to spare his feelings and let him frame his exit because he sucks as a baseball coach.

Cool. Write that all in a tersely-worded letter to the AD and let them know how you feel. Make sure you double space it and use the PO Box cause that guarantees Rad will see it. K? Thanks. Bye.

Advertisement
This is absolutely not true, of course. The minor leagues are FULL of guys who throw 98 with no idea where it's going. And they have the best resources on the planet when it comes to development.
I completely 100% disagree.

What you are saying is that pitching accuracy is a skill you're born with and not learned or developed.

Talent is developed. Period. Some guys don't develop. They have the same talent as the guys that do, but don'tdevelop to the next level.

Otherwise, there's no need for coaching. Your talent would be destined for professional leagues.

It's the same in every sport. You have developmental leagues in just about every sport except football which one could argue thst college football is the developmental league for the NFL along with practice squads.

Just look at the NFL where many 3-star prospects make it to the league and some become stars. They were less talented coming out of high school, but developed into NFL prospects.

Last edited:
IMO they'll part with Norberto and JD and restructure the staff before they fire Gino. They should have made that move after 2021 and then we could legitimately talk about firing Gino this year if it still went this direction.

Still can't believe he was extended but that's moot anyway. That's optics for recruiting because you have kids committing that are 4-5 classes down the road.

I just don't see anyway they make a regional this year with the team that keeps showing up. Lots of teams in the ACC playing good ball, a thin/untalented staff to begin with that's now banged up and your key transfers aren't doing a thing like they were supposed to. Honestly, with mid-week going the way it is.. might not be a .500 team in year 6 of his tenure... should be fireable.

Advertisement
Back