Canes bs Deacons - ACCT Semifinal - 1pm ACCNX

Advertisement
Advertisement
You just said it made sense but thought it was dumb, and now you’re saying it doesn’t make sense. Clemson would not agree to play at UNC, against UNC.

DBAP is not Duke’s home field. It would be like this ram playing 20 games at Marlins park and claiming it as Miami’s home field. It’s not the same. If you don’t like the tournament being played in Durham, make a deal for them somewhere else. They tried Fenway, it was too expensive.

I'm saying that I UNDERSTAND the rationalization for the semi-finals, but I think it's a dumb rationalization. PARTICULARLY when you take into account that they didn't have an issue with it FOR DUKE.

DBAP was Duke's home field for 24 games this year. They played 12 games at Coombs. At a certain point, you just have to be intellectually honest about this. If you play 2/3 of your "home games" off-campus, it's the functional equivalent of a home field, no matter how much you try to invoke semantics.

But, sure, keep telling us that this was an unavoidable outcome. IT WASN'T. You are acting like keeping UNC in a "neutral stadium" that is NOT AT ALL Duke's home stadium (in spite of the 24 home games played there) that is a mere TEN MILES AWAY is some sort of competitive balance decision that suddenly made everything OK.

Hilarious.

Just be honest, the rain reschedule was a fluke thing. Nobody had a gameplan for this. We went from not being bothered by Duke playing 2 pool games in their (effective) home stadium to acting like it is a horrible thing to allow UNC to play one NECESSITY game in its home stadium. Plus you are acting like Clemson can single-handedly veto an emergency contingency rescheduling (for which nobody has even sold any tickets) simply because UNC plays 10 miles away...

Ridiculous.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Rosario is an adventure. Guy goes nasty two seamer dotted with a **** your pants change…then throws 7 straight balls 9” out of the zone 😅😅

Advertisement
Back